Assistant Manager Credit Assessment & ELA
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join the Risk team in the role of Credit Assessment & Exceptional Loan Application (ELA) Assistant Manager. Role Purpose:
To direct and manage the Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) Assessment Centre for effective control of the credit risk evaluation process, including fraud verification for RBWM loan book of the HSBC Malaysia branch network. Principal Responsibilities: Impact on the Business / Function:
· Contributes to the quality of the approval of Credit Card, Balance Transfer, Limit Increase, Card Upgrade and APF-I loans.
· Ensuring that the ELA process maximizes profit and minimizes losses.
· Ensure compliance with on-going operational and credit processes as guided by MYH PRM CCR and the respective RRPs. Customers / Stakeholders:
· Ensure customer enquiries (both internal / external) are attended to and resolved effectively and efficiently within the agreed SLA.
· Ensure that feedbacks given are reviewed and used constructively for on-going improvements / enhancements to workflow procedures and to drive towards change, without compromising on quality and risk. Leadership & Teamwork:
· Ensure to identify training needs for self development and growth.
· Motivate self towards building team spirit to boost desirable productivity and performance.
· Engage in/initiate team building activities. Operational Effectiveness & Control:
· Ensure the cost incurred for the various credit processing units are within the Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
· Ensure costs / expenditures are regularly scrutinized and overheads are controlled. Qualifications Requirements:
- A tertiary degree with at least 2 - 5 years related working experience in banking industry preferably in banking operations and credit;
- Certified Credit Professional (CCP) qualification is an added advantage;
- Sound understanding and appreciation of banking operations and products;
- Ability to deliver independent credit decisions in a timely manner without compromising on quality;
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has aptitude for technical/system related work;
- Excellent command of English (both verbal & written).