Assistant Manager, Credit Initiation
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To ensure quality of credit underwriting within parameters under respective Product Development Document (PDD) and under Group and local credit policy and business strategy, and that reporting of information relating to this portfolio is timely and accurate.
- To instil strong credit culture by setting highest standards and demanding these are maintained by all business partners within Retail Banking.
- Evaluate and approve new applications/increase in limits/annual reviews/facility conversions and other common requests submitted through various channels i.e. Branches, dedicated and direct sales channels.
- Working with product/marketing/sales/IS/Credit Operations on new programs/products/systems to ensure smooth implementation.
- Ensure that the department's Service Quality and Key Control Standards are complied with.
- To be keenly aware of current economic environment, market trends and relevant intelligence to assist risk management by providing feedback in the formalizing of internal guidelines.
- To rigorously maintain the quality of underwriting and undertake fraud detection and reporting.
- Support viable system implementation to minimize credit risk and fraud applications.
- Ensure compliance with the Group's standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering and KYC.
- Participate in and/or support the Bank's effort in combating money- laundering activities.
- Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money Laundering and KYC in the day to day operations including account reviews, reporting suspicions, implementing new requirements, updating and revising operating procedures, acquire relevant knowledge and training, provide support to superior and subordinates.
- Staff Loan Data Confidentiality - Ensure information on staff loans are kept confidential. Pay records of employees must not be disclosed to any other person and should be kept confidential at all times during and after your employment in the Bank.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ad hoc reporting and other duties assigned by Head, Credit Initiation from time to time.
- Co-supervision and training of new/existing staff on new products and guidelines under the purview of credit evaluation.
- Actively engage the teams in regular discussions to drive operational efficiency and knowledge sharing.
- Maintain an open channel of communication with other stakeholders particularly sales channels, product/ process, policy/risk and operations teams to address any issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Banking/Business administration or equivalent.
- Possess 3-5 years of working experience in credit underwriting and credit assessment with good knowledge in credit policy.
- Preferable candidate with SME/Business Banking or residential mortgage knowledge.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.