Assistant Manager, Internal Audit
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
The candidate is accountable for planning, executing and completing audit projects across Asia region (including key risk audits, project risk reviews, investigations and other special projects). The candidate is also responsible for the delivery of high quality, professional, cost-effective, value-added and risk-based audit services within Asia. While remaining totally independent, the Audit Services function provides added value by working with management at all levels to improve the management of various forms of risk. The function provides assurance services to senior management and the board of directors which assist them in discharging their responsibilities for overseeing the management of risk in Manulife. Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute various types of audits in Malaysia and also across Asia region in accordance with the audit methodology, departmental standards and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate the management of risk and internal controls in business. Present findings to and reach agreement with the business unit management; make practical and value-added recommendations to improve control environment and efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Prepare audit reports; audit reports are to be clear, concise and well-organized, and issued within departmental service standards.
- Utilize data analytics techniques to improve effectiveness and efficiency of audit process.
- Ensure quality of work completed.
- Execute various types of audits within time budgets and target dates, reporting any timing problems or budget over-runs to responsible project leads and Directors.
- Assist business unit management by providing consulting advices.
- Follow-up with business unit management regularly on the status/implementation of remediation actions for timely audit issue closure.
- Actively participates in departmental initiatives.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- 3+ years' relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of life insurance and asset management business, audit methodologies, control frameworks and risk management techniques
- A fast learner
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Able to deal with confrontations and resolve conflicts.
- Proven relationship skills including a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels to Assistant Vice President
- Results oriented; able to strike balance on multiple priorities and projects
- Sound business judgment in assessing significance of issues and developing value added recommendations
- Commitment to quality
- Recognized accounting (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA) or auditing (CIA, CISA) professional designation
- Strong team-player and willing shares ideas and knowledge. Able to collaborate with different team members in a multi-cultural environment.
- Actively seeks feedback from others and incorporates any necessary changes. At the same time, provide clear and timely constructive feedback.
- Challenges the status quo and proactively makes suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Preferably with experience in Agile and Data Analytics.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of March 31, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$849 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.