Assistant Vice President – Security Remediation
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Deliver continuous improvement through process re-engineering, technology transformation, integration and exploitation to deliver optimised yet robust services to mitigate threats to the Bank
- Manage and influence stakeholders in understanding risk exposure, remediation prioritization and importance from vulnerabilities that the Bank may be exposed to.
- Oversee Remediation Activities such as management of tracking and remediation of vulnerabilities with agreed action plans and timelines with stakeholders within the Bank and where required third parties providing services to the Bank
- Provide remediation support as part of the Bank's response to critical vulnerabilities and material security incidents
- Validate remediation by reviewing vulnerability results and providing status updates
- Analyse vulnerabilities and engage with the Technology teams and Business units to resolve identified vulnerabilities within SLAs.
- Consolidate remediation progress on application and infrastructure vulnerabilities into one risk focused view to help guide senior management risk and remediation decisions.
- Oversee Exceptions for Vulnerabilities that cannot be remediated by leveraging on risk mitigation plan from business owners
- Develop and implement a robust attestation framework to meet regulatory requirements, such as evidence of periodic vulnerability scans and timely remediation of critical/high vulnerabilities.
- Provide support on audit and regulatory requests and commitments
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Develop, build and implement a mature and robust set of remediation metrics for management oversight
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- CIO Business and Technology Owners
- Head, Core Infrastructure Services
- Head, Platform Services
- Head, End-User Computing
- Head, Applications & Infrastructure Vulnerability Management
- Services Domain Heads within Security Technology Services
- Office of the CISO
- Bachelor in Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology or its equivalent.
- Between 6-8 years of in-depth, hands-on working knowledge in Security assurance, technologies and Operational experience in a global environment.
- Experience in working with cross-border teams, preferably in the Financial Services industry.
- Fundamental skills of Task prioritization, Time management, Customer focus.
- Detailed oriented, Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Industry certifications will be a plus e.g. CISM, CISA, CISSP certifications
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.