About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- This role acts as the primary point of contact / lead and responsible for the scoping, planning and execution of all data analysis activities undertaken by the Client Lifecycle data investigation and remediation function.
- Includes assisting detailed investigation and remediation projects in planning and scoping for remediation activities utilizing the remediation blueprint.
- Make recommendations about the methods and ways in which Bank obtains and analyses data to improve quality and the efficiency of data systems.
- Responsible for end to end data analysis for all defined scoped systems, take ownership of all issues analysis results and for the reporting of progress to the head of Data as well as relevant governance committees and forums
Our Ideal Candidate
- Creating high quality data analytic reporting and cleanup processes based on business plans, Collecting and interpreting data
- Generating Data quality exception report / analysis/cleanup reports as per delivery schedules and Analyzing results
- Provide exception reports to investigation and remediation team / country business teams, Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business
- Managing data analysis & cleanup exercises, identifying patterns and trends in data sets
Co-ordinate with Operations and Technological teams to arrive at a Strategic or Tactical solution for the exceptions identified in SCI & TP systems.
- Be in constant co-ordination with the Business /Operations team to understand Policies and Procedures, changes to such Policies and Processes and impact on the Data quality monitoring process, working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs
- To ensure error free work environment by instilling proper controls and Defining new data collection and analysis processes
- Track movement of data across Exception and Cleanup stages and Act as SME for the entire team and provide solutions for execution
- Integration of business/operation Policies and Procedures to Data analytics and cleanup and Provide inputs through Data Working Group for inclusion, exclusion or correction of DQMs for in-scope CDEs
- To undertake regular assessment of data analysis and cleanup processes and Provide inputs for inclusion of any CDEs based on observations through data analysis conducted.
- Undertake new project responsibilities in terms of planning and execution, seek opportunities for Continuous Improvement to processes and tasks across the Data Management Function.
- Ensure timely escalation to Senior Management of any exception noticed related to work and environment.
- Ensure that the agreed targets are met.
- Broadcasting performance dashboards for consumption of various management teams.
- Ensure DOI's are reviewed and updated periodically.
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance policies and the Group Code of Conduct
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning within stated timeframes
- Proactive identification of risks and concerns, including escalation to all relevant stakeholders
- Open for travel as and when required between GBS hubs.
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- Ability to analyse large datasets
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of the Data flow between eCDD+ , SCI & Downstream applications
- Good understanding of the Entity data
- Good working skills in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to engage with all levels of senior management
- Posses excellent communication, collaboration, presenting and influencing skills
- Work effectively as a self-starter with self motivation, review activities of the team and prioritise workloads. Ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience in handling time critical projects which involve high level of manual work.
- Prior Experience in banking / financial institution preferred
All members must be very comfortable with MS Excel (critical to data analysis work). In addition, some combination of the following skills will also be helpful (though not mandatory)
- Prior experience of data analysis and profiling work
- Knowledge and experience of SQL
- Experience of working with any of the major transaction processing systems (e.g., Imex, Murex, ACBS) or data warehouses (Teradata) used in SCB
- People management of 3-5 members for Associate Manager/Manager and 5+ for Senior Managers. Associate Manager / Manager could also be individual level Subject Mater Experts
- Be able to build a cohesive team that could work in a highly collaborative manner
- Optimize utilization of skills among the team to increase productivity and job enrichment
- Implement Knowledge Management initiatives through trainings, workshops to build domain capabilities required for the job
- Keep the team highly motivated to deliver high quality results
- Managers should be hands-on to undertake activities/tasks on their own as the role demands while supporting and managing other members of the team
- Team management - Objective Setting, Providing feedback, conflict resolution and motivation
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and to proactively seek guidance from others as needed
- Strong team player and has the capacity to build good working relationships with cross functional / geographical teams
- Result oriented, accepting responsibilities and challenges that take them outside their comfort zone
- Positive outlook and a desire to stretch themselves to achieve both personal and functional success
- Demonstrate leadership under pressure situations and demonstrate the ability to cope with tight deadlines and constraints.
- Have the ability to distil facts/information from multiple sources and appropriately develop a structured approach to delivery of service
- Have the ability to proactively facilitate discussions, analyse processes, prioritize issues, categorize challenges within a complex working environment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.