Audit Manager, Retail Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Group Internal Audit (GIA) is looking for an experienced audit professional, specializing in Retail Banking with solid background and strong knowledge relating to any of the following:
- Key risks and controls pertaining to Retail products, distribution, data management or credit risk management
- Frontline experience with significant exposure to client servicing or client experience related projects / initiatives, or
- Significant experience in process automation or enhancements, especially with end-to-end client focus
This is a key role in the Retail Banking Audit team. The team provides independent assessments of client experience, conduct, culture, risk management and internal control environment of Retail Banking businesses globally for senior management at country, regional and global levels.
The products covered are both Retail Lending (Credit Cards, Personal Unsecured Lending, Mortgage, and Business Banking) and Retail Non- Lending products and services (Customer Deposits, Payments, and ATMs). The job holder will have specific responsibility to support and deliver audits of Retail Banking channels.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Support risk assessment for Retail Banking globally by applying relevant business insights, knowledge of key and emerging risk trends (internal, external and regulatory) and a client-experience-focused lens. Participate and lead audits of both Retail Channels and Retail Products to meet the annual Retail Banking audit plan.
- Consistently deliver high quality audit reports in a timely manner with audit issues focussed on client experience, conduct, culture, key risks, root causes, materiality and succinct messages.
- Assess whether the Bank's policies and processes support delivering client experience in accordance with the Bank's stated strategic intent.
- Closely follow latest developments and trends around Retail Banking auditing techniques and related areas like conduct and culture, anti-money laundering, Retail Digital Banking, client experience / outcomes and process efficiency.
- Champion development of knowledge and expertise in Retail Banking auditing within GIA country teams and the Retail Banking Audit team, with a specific focus on how existing processes, as well as any actions proposed by management in response to audit issues, impact client experience.
- Prepare presentations, concept papers, management update reports on emerging risk, audit and client experience themes as and when directed.
- Experienced internal auditor, risk professional, service professional or business practitioner who has deep subject matter expertise in Retail Banking. Candidates with extensive experience in client servicing or process enhancement will also be considered.
- Prior experience and track record of project management, team leading, maintaining high level of credibility with senior management as well as demonstrating sound judgement and sensitivity to deal with cultural and geographic diversity is essential
- You must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing. Being able to assess likely client impact and efficiency of current or proposed processes is a key skill. Other requirements include the ability to prepare high quality written audit reports, as well as to be able to objectively summarize and draw out key themes and risks (including risks of poor conduct or client experience) for management attention.
- Be self-motivated and able to function independently. Should have a collaborative approach and be a team player and be able to role model core values of Standard Chartered.
- Minimum 12 years of work experience in banking industry with a risk and controls focus.
- Ability to commit to up to a maximum of 40% travel in Asia, Middle East and Africa.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.