Black Belt Lean Operational Excellence
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
This position will be responsible for managing and facilitating Lean projects in support of business objectives.
Key Result Areas
- Partner with key leadership and management stakeholders to assess current processes and identify process improvement opportunities utilizing voice of the customer (VOC), organizational, analytical, Lean problem solving methodologies.
- Support the Head Operational Excellence to drive of projects within the business, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the enterprise-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business's Lean transformation.
- Lead by example as an active change agent by managing complex projects and leverage influencing skills that come from prior Lean / change management experience gained with a global organisation involving multiple stakeholders and countries
- Align the LEAN Operational Excellence journey for the Product Operations vertical with the agreed plans
- Accountable for creating awareness and acceptance of LEAN among all levels within the Operations in the Hub and Country Operations
- Drive agreed LEAN projects & Lean Management in the Product Operations Vertical job holder is responsible for
- Meet Charter Goals
- Effective stakeholders and Champions/ Sponsors engagement
- Provide mentoring and monitoring support for LEAN projects run by other LEAN trained staff in the Hubs and the countries
- Provide Support and drive the adoption & sustained implementation of Lean Management in individual units in the Product Vertical.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Work with the LOE Training Team to push the LEAN Training agenda for Hub and country operations staff & drive certifications
- Identify and Execute end to end projects to achieve the reengineering targets as defined by Operations Excellence leadership team
- Developing a metric framework that can be applied to the programme to enable outputs and successes to be measured and communicated both in the short-term and the longer-term
- Promoting and supporting a culture of process improvement through the use of lean processes and tools
- Post Graduate (Engineers and MBAs preferred)
- Should have overall 5 -7 years of experience in Operations in Banking Operations/ Wealth Management /Financial Markets Operations
- Lean Sig Sigma Black Belts preferred
- Knowledge of Statistical software like Minitab, JMP, Sysstat. Etc
- Coaching, mentoring & training experience would be an advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.