- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 18 Mar 19
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Manage the branch to maximize new business opportunities and deepen existing relationships, while providing quality in service delivery in an efficient operation where risks are well controlled. Also ensure that robust sales process, stringent service standards in compliance with local regulatory requirements are met by the team.
Business acquisitions, through typical activities like:-
· Generation of new business via sales promotions, out-marketing calls, presentations / seminars and in-branch contacts.
· Setting, facilitation of execution and monitoring sales plans for BSSM, Premium Manager and / or other sales staff.
· Coaching of all sales staff to increase sales productivity and cross-selling.
· Referral of prospective business to other SCB functional units.
· Enhancement of the Bank's image via community activities.
Management of Service Delivery:-
· Set and monitor branch service standards (including premises).
· Customer retention efforts with personal involvement in complaint resolution, account closures and inquiries.
· Getting ad hoc customer feedback.
Operations and Support:-
· Control and periodic checks of operational risks and workflows.
· Facilitating and implementing work process improvements.
· Recommendations of credit applications.
· Relieve BOSM as and when required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (cont'd)
· Ensure compliance with Group Policy and Standards, local laws and regulations, controls and procedures of the Bank and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering and CDD.
· Participate in and/or support the Bank's effort in combating money-laundering activities.
· Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money Laundering and CDD in the day to day operations, which include account opening and reviews, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions, customer communication, implementing new requirements, updating and revising operating procedures, acquire relevant knowledge and training, provide support to superior and subordinates.
Responsibilities as a Responsible Person (RP )
· To report Unit's OR issues and losses to BORM & CEPG (Branch Operation) in a timely manner.
· To assist BORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
· Act as OR coordinator for the section
· To adhere to the agreed CST plans and approach
· To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
· To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
· To maintain proper record keeping on all CST related activities
· To maintain independence in the conduct of CST, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
Branch Continuity Plan
· To maintain a robust Business Continuity Plan (BCP) that is dynamic and compatible with the business.
· To conduct BCP test as per test schedule and forward to county BCP coordinator on test results.
· To formulate recovery strategies for the branch when called upon.
· Continuously raise awareness on BCP to all staff within the branch.
· Directly responsible for the proper control of keys, combination settings and password that protect cash and valuable documents.
· Build Branch team, staff morale and engagement as measured by MY VOICE.
· Proactive mentoring and management of all branch staff. Undertake union interface if necessary.
· Observing, coaching/training and counselling staff towards expected behaviours.
· Identification of training/development needs and ensuring these are met.
Health & Safety
· Responsible for the health and safety aspects within the Branch.
· To ensure the work environment is safe and free from risk relating to Health & Safety
· To ensure that any H & S issues raised by staff are addressed and escalated on a timely manner.
· Supports in the implementation of the Group H &S initiatives.
· Promotes H& S awareness amongst employees.
· Identify & ensure Fire wardens and First aiders are trained appropriately.
· Ensure compliance to local legislations and group requirements.
· To achieve annual sales targets and branch profitability.
· To achieve quality performance i.e. audit results, credit quality, business development and people management.
· To cascade and live the values.
· To undertake special projects / assignments.
· 100% compliance with compliance and operation risks guidelines.
· No overdue CST.
· Non compliance and control weaknesses inherent in the selected samples are detected and duly reported
· No unsatisfactory compliance reviews and audits on the conduct of CST and record keeping
· Maintaining robust controls and monitoring actions
· Focused and highly achievement-orientated.
· Favours a hands-on management style.
· Pleasant disposition with excellent customer service orientation.
· Sharp business acumen, analytical, planning and organisation skills.
· Demonstrable leadership capabilities.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Honours degree (CGPA 3.0 or better) and / or relevant professional qualifications.
· Possess all relevant investment & insurance certifications and licensing.
· More than 5 years' experience in banking with demonstrable knowledge of banking practices and financial products.
· Favourable track record in managing sales and / or operations or demonstrated ability to achieve strong sales performance.
· Ability to coach, inspire and mobilise Branch team members of various levels to deliver exceptional performance.
· Demonstrated ability to establish a service culture.
· Interpersonal and complaint handling skills
· Bank's product knowledge
· Understanding of policies and procedures
· ABM rules / Bank Negara FEA regulations
· Branch Operations Manual (WEBOM) /MIC/ group circulars/bank policy and tariff of charges
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.