- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 18 Mar 19
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Ensure the branch operation and services , at counter and back-room support are efficient Ensure a high service standard and meet customer service quality expectation Assist the branch officers / managers in meeting branch business delivery targets Assume supervisory roles / dual control function Making Sales Referrals to sales staff for the potential customers Ensure an effective complaint management and improve customer experience
Performing the following functions and assume Branch Officers Operational Limits:
DAILY 1. Counter Services: over the counter cash transactions (D&W), transfer deposit/withdrawal & clearing of cheques for all customers accounts IS and all counter.
2. Remittances transactions: OTT, Drafts, Cashier's Order, etc.
3. End of day balancing - cash, transfer, clearing & PSGL
4. Filing of reports cashier's order applications, statements, holding transfer reports.
5. Opening and closing accounts
6. Work within operational limits in the authorisation of transaction by another BO
7. Support other functions/roles and any other tasks assigned by BOM/BOSM/BM from time-to-time
8. As a meeter greater to ensure efficient management of the queue and customer are attended promptly.
9. Approval of Service Request raised by Sales Staffs.
10. Provide financial service information
11. Solve customer problem/inquiries
12. Monitor & control the collection / maintenance of high quality customer information, thus re-enforcing the importance of data quality to the bank's success
13. Dual control functions as custodian of prime keys or combination setting and password.
Perform Other duties / tasks deem fit by the bank Compliance and Money Laundering responsibilities · Ensure Customer Due Diligence is conducted prior to establishing any banking relationship with customer and proper retention of records as per statutory guidelines
· Ensure compliance with the Group's standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering and CDD.
· Participate in and/or support the Bank's effort in combating money-laundering activities.
· Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money Laundering and CDD in the day to day operations, which include account opening and reviews, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions, customer communication, implementing new requirements , updating and revising operating procedures, acquire relevant knowledge and training, providing support to superior and subordinates.
· Ensure/assist unit head in creation and maintenance of a compliance culture, undertake compliance monitoring, generate timely and accurate compliance reports, proactively advise Country Compliance on compliance issues, and updates new matrices as communicated by the BORM.
· Custodian to prime keys and combination settings to the Treasury Cash Vault / Safe Deposit Lockers ( if applicable) in accordance to the Group Security Policy Section 2.2.3
· When assuming custodian , to be directly responsible for the proper control of keys, combination settings and password that protect cash and valuable documents
Health & Safety
· Responsible for the health and safety aspects within the branch.
· To ensure the work environment is safe and free from risk relating to Health & Safety.
· To ensure that any H & S issues raised by staff are addressed and escalated on a timely manner.
· Supports in the implementation of the Group H & S initiatives.
· Promotes H & S awareness amongst employees.
· Identify & ensure Fire wardens and First aiders are trained appropriately.
· Ensure compliance to local legislations and group requirements .
· Computer Literate
· Able to work independently
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· To meet customers' expectation
· Good understanding of reconciliation /investigation practices
· Able to work with minimum supervision.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Good Verbal and written communication
· Good complaint handling skills
· Good Product knowledge / Understanding of policies and procedures/ ECM guidelines/branch operations guidelines / end to end process, Syariah Compliance requirement
· Good networking with the customer and colleagues
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.