Developer/Systems Engineer - JAVA
Company & department description
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 10,500 customers in 215 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at SWIFT. Responsibilities
The successful candidate will work on the further evolution of the assigned project:
- Planning, collaborating, analysis, software design of assigned project, provide estimation of the requirement and other ongoing projects by colarotating with other team member and stakeholder.
- Responsible to solve complex design of the projects and provides guidance to help team members.
- Maintaining and auditing code / design quality as per set guideline and standards in assigned projects.
- Testing of completed tasks in ongoing projects in team before sending updates to reporting authority/client.
- Remove all technical impediments.
- Focusing the team to ensure an on-time delivery of the agreed task.
- Facilitating code / design reuse.
- Excellent knowledge of Java OOP programming style.
- Real production experience with Java related technology.
- Progressive enhancement techniques.
- Strong experience in unit testing and code coverage.
- Experience using build system tools as per industries standard.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Knowledge of version control systems like SVN, GIT.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
1. University degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent discipline.
2. Minimum 5 years of related experience in software development
Have a good knowledge of the following:
1. Object Oriented programming techniques, Design Patterns, Java techniques (algorithms, multi-threading, load scalability), debuggers, profilers, Junit and securities.
2. Web-based Java application framework
3. OS platforms such as Windows and Linux
4. Development tools such as IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse IDE, JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Jenkins, Git
5. Knowledge in messaging system such as IBM WebSphere MQ and Relational Database such as Oracle DBMS is a plus
6. Knowledge or experience working in an agile environment (such as Scrum) is a plus
Required soft skills:
1. Take accountability for delivering results
2. Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
3. Planning and organising
4. Quality orientation
5. Team orientation
6. Open communication What we offer
- Accessible to public transport (near to LRT Kerinchi)
- Career advancement
- MNC working environment
- Flexi benefit: Medical, optical, dental, car park, etc