(Expression of Interest) Manager - Policy, Technical & Research
Line of Service
Tax Industry/Sector Specialism
General Tax Consulting Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients identify and reduce tax risks, meet compliance obligations, implement tax strategies that complement business and operational objectives, resolve disagreements with tax authorities, and manage tax accounting and reporting issues. You'll be engaged in projects dealing with International tax, mergers and acquisitions, state and local tax accounting, regulatory processes, tax reporting and strategy. Please note that we are not hiring for this role currently. However, we welcome you to express your interest as it allows our recruiters to collect your information and reach out to you should there be a suitable vacancy. Your indication of interest through this job posting will not be considered as an application. Responsibilities:
- Analyse developments and changes to tax laws and impact
- Draft internal and external technical communications and newsletters
- Draft thought leadership articles and update PwC publications
- Provide technical support & research
- Attend to enquiries on technical issues from the tax practice
- Assist with preparation for internal technical forums and discussions
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Additional application instructions
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Law or professional accounting/taxation qualification
- A minimum of 6 years of Tax related experience
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial, analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional services environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified)
English, Malay Travel Requirements
Up to 20% Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
No Government Clearance Required?
Yes Job Posting End Date