The Facilities Manager will lead a team to ensure management of the day-to-day business activities for assigned property/facility by being the on-site key point of contact for key stakeholders and/or client. The role will have responsibility for service quality, helpdesk task resolution, maintenance and operations, sub-contract services, safe working practices, purchasing of materials, equipment & supplies, ensure the development, implementation and maintaining of the local facilities and administrative operation within the frame of the relevant regional and global facilities and administration guidelines and requirements, business continuity and site budgets accuracy. Key Responsibility
- Manage and local stakeholders
- Ensure high staff morale, trust and work ethics
- Build and maintain an environment that supports teamwork, co-operation and performance excellence within team
- Mentor and enable Training & Development of team members
- Drive the facilities standards through management of both internal staff/outsourced provider
- Leading team by "lead by example" attitude in terms of overall work culture and business approach
- Be ambassador of the site through actions and behaviour demonstrating the value add to the business
- Catalyse corporate culture, brand and corporate responsibility through the facility and premises organisation, its design and layout.
- Proactively engage stakeholders to ensure that on site client and BU expectations are met
- Build and develop effective client / stakeholder relationships across multiple levels of the organisation
- Embed within Experian as the on-site key point of contact for all Facilities Management matters
- Maintain proper communication with all relevant stakeholders respecting the different needs, audiences, and matters and prevent from information gaps and avoidable confusions
Procurement & Vendor Management:
- Be local point of contact for setting and implementing global facility practices on site.
- Ensure the proper level of cooperation and coordination with the facility project management team concerning relevant projects initiation, planning, implementation and successful closure where sufficient communication is maintained
- Drive locally initiated facility projects execution as a single player or in engaged team
- Ensure all FM vendors are well-managed, delivering high quality services on time and within budget
- Ensure that vendor procurement processes comply with agreed client procurement guidelines as well as Experian best practice
- Ensure that regular vendor reviews are held and formally documented.
Finance Management / Cost Control:
- Plan and manage all contracts to ensure that they are professionally delivered at the right costs
- Ensure expiry of contracts are well-monitored and re-procurement is initiated if needed
- Ensure contracts are continually assessed to deliver best value to the client
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Agreements or other applicable service metrics are closely monitored and reported on.
- Escalate and resolve any service delivery challenges or failings
Health & Safety Management:
- Actively work to ensure that the site's financial operations are meeting or exceeding targets and control requirements including the Experian Code of Ethics
- Ensure financial processes are followed at all times.
- Work closely with the local BU's to ensure that budgets are set accurately
- Ensure that any out of spec cots or spending trends are analysed understood and reported on by exception
Site Operations Management:
- Ensure the provision of a safe working environment
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations on fire, health and safety standards
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Experian HSEQ policies and procedures
- Work closely with HSEQ team to manage ISO compliance
- Liaison with the landlord on operational building matters
- Workplace environment support - driving forward 'agile/flex work' initiatives
- Recommend continuous quality improvement practices and implement Industry Best Practice operations to minimize escalations and issues occurrences and maximize office usage satisfaction.
- Implement building procedures and performance measures and ensure they are maintained at all times
- Ensure all Critical Environment (CEM) requirements are met
- Review existing operations regularly to reduce costs and improve operational standards
- 24/7 emergency call support and site attendance is required
- Secure the right facility asset management organisation to keep the company property safe and in track.
- Ensure a property risk management program including audits is implemented and maintained
- Ensure disaster recovering and business continuity plans are implemented and maintained
- Ensure escalation procedures and incident reporting procedures are implemented and in place
- Assist in the development of guidelines and strategies to ensure compliance with Experian's business conduct
Security & access control:
- Ensure that all moves are planned and executed in line with Local BU requirements
- Ensure that accurate space plan / layout drawings are accurately maintained
- Ensure that monthly site utilization and occupation metrics are gathered / recorded and understood
- Ensure the integrity of the physical security fabric, assets and systems is maintained at all times
- Ensure that access control are issued, activated, withdrawn and deactivated as required and in-line with Experian policy.
- Ensure that CCTV and access control systems have a PPM plan and reactive repair support contracts in place.
- Ensure that landlords security provision is understood and monitored for robustness and ongoing adequacy
- Previous experience of working in Finance / Fintech / Banking industry
- Minimum 5yrs corporate / blue chip FM experience
- Proven track record in delivery high quality IFM / Bundled services to a corporate client
- Robust budgetary management understanding and experience producing high quality analysis documents and communicating insight to senior management
- Able to identify issues in systems and troubleshoot to identify solutions to maintaining an efficient budgeting, forecasting and reporting system
- A confident communicator with an impressive record of delivering to targets
- Comfortable working as part of a team but equally able to self-motivate and operate in an autonomous capacity.
- Team centric individual who works for the success of the wider team
- Ability to multi-task and must be well organized; attention to detail
- High level of accuracy; ability to meet established deadlines; ability to work under pressure; ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to collaborate and work in a fast-paced environment, adapting to rapid change
- Excellent organizational, project management, written and oral communication skills
- Experience of forming and managing effective Stakeholder and Supplier relationships