Financial Controller (Emerging Market)
The primary objective of this role is to ensure all entities within the market are compliant from a statutory and reporting perspective within the specified deadlines, can add value to the business from a controllership perspective and sustain strong relationships with the Senior Leadership Stakeholders, Finance community and other parts of the Regional and Global business. Job Descriptions Statutory Reporting
- Support and ensure compliance with all statutory filings and reporting deadlines for all entities and countries within Emerging market.
- Support and ensure the efficient and effective completion of internal and external statutory audit within deadlines.
- Liaising with external auditors and tax agents
- Responsible in managing of GST/VAT returns
Transformation & Continuous Improvement
- Responsible in the maintenance of all ledgers, journals and other accounting records of the company
- Responsible in the preparation of financial reporting (for trading summary, balance sheet, CAPEX and cash flow) to meet monthly, quarterly and annual global deadlines for month end closing while maintaining the compliance to accounting policies
- Responsible the monthly forecast and variance analysis (for balance sheet, CAPEX and cashflow)
- Responsible in the full balance sheet reconciliation and sign-off
- Support and prepare annual budget (for balance sheet, CAPEX and cashflow) that drive next financial year performance
- Lead the process standardisation and optimisation of reporting opportunities and deliver ways to simplify the analysis and reporting processes to create informative, value-adding outputs
- Require to explain and execute the accounting standards, delegated authority matrix and various policies and assess control risk as necessary
- Respond to ad-hoc requests in a timely and professional manner
- 5+ years' relevant experience in audit or controllership
- CA/CPA/CIMA qualification is MANDATORY
- Excellent people skills with proven track record of working with remote stakeholders effectively.
- Experience in financial reporting for a complete entity, accounting standards interpretation, local tax regulations and managing an external audit.
- Proficiency in financial systems and applications; Oracle, Hyperion, reporting tools and Microsoft Excel will be added advantage
- Ability to work in a complex, fast paced environment and respond under ambiguous situations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail and is highly logical and numerate
- Ability to present ideas and opinions in a collaborative, credible and influential manner
- A continuous improvement mind-set and experience in process improvement will be an added advantage
- Appreciate result oriented culture and environment