Fixed Assets Analyst / Accountant
To maintain the company's general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and to process fixed assets - additions, retirements, transfers, etc. into the Fixed Asset subledger system. Major Job Functions:
- Performs monthly reconciliations with medium to high complexity ratings. Researches variances and prepares adjustments to correct account balances
- Participates in the preparation of audit schedules
- Balances specified accounting sub-systems to the general ledger.
- Interfaces a variety of sub-ledgers into the general ledger system. Generates reports and verifies account accuracy.
- Reviews automated journal entries, prepares standard journal entries and posts to the general ledger
- Prepares accruals for a variety of accounts
- Allocates revenues and expenses among business units. Reviews expenses for reasonableness relative to revenue
- Participate in month end and year end closing.
- Review various cost centers and balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Communicates with management when required.
- Give timely responses to questions/requests from the tax department, internal auditors and field management.
- Perform special projects when required.
- Generate process improvements in order to streamline procedures and job processes.
- Perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent in work experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of on-line accounting systems
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices
- Strong PC skills (Excel and Microsoft Word applications).
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possesses ability to read and write in the English language and comprehend what is read along with ability to respond in writing or verbally to all inquiries or issues from customers, vendors and management.
- Minimum five years in General Ledger accounting.
- Experience in fixed asset accounting
Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Works on problems of diverse scope.
• Works under minimal supervision
• Perform well in a deadline-driven environment.
• Make sound decisions based on information at hand.
• Must be able to interact with management and other departments.
• Resolve accounting issues.
• Design accounting formats for new General Ledger accounts.
• Get involved in General Ledger software conversion.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed.