Head, Talent Capability Enablement
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The role holder will be the interface with employee on business engagement and will be responsible for formulating and delivering the relevant employee agenda for business (Cash Management Operations); creating an effective, efficient business structure where maximising performance and engagement is at the heart of every interaction.
Partnering with relevant head with the business, senior managers, all people manager and employees, the role holder will drive and enable sustainable business performance.
The role holder will need to manage people processes, ensuring levels of capabilities and performance are aligned with current and future business requirements and also deliver appropriate and relevant advice, ensuring that this is in line with the overarching business strategy, governance processes and risk appetite. The Role Responsibilities
- Assisting the Unit Head in ensuring right hiring and right fit.
- Ensure the Talent requirements and Capability match.
- Enable seamless integration of talents into the operations BAU
- Assist the Unit Head in People Engagement Agenda
- Partner with Unit heads to ensure Competency Metrics are designed appropriately.
- Partner with the relevant senior managers, business heads, functional heads and all people managers to drive and enable sustainable business performance.
- Create an effective, efficient organisation where maximizing performance and engagement is at the heart of every interaction in order to enhance capability and mitigate people-related risks.
- Develop an efficient, effective organization, where maximizing performance and engagement is central to all interactions in order to mitigate people-related risks and enhance capability.
- Ensure high performance and consistent deliver of the relevant people agendas across Cash Management Operations across GBS through building effective working relationships with relevant colleagues across the business, region, and country.
- Manage people processes (performance, reward, resourcing and talent) to ensure levels of capabilities and performance satisfy current and future requirements of the business
- Ensure that the Group HR/People agenda for Cash Management Operations across GBS is well aligned with the HR agenda for Group
- Deliver appropriate and relevant advice, ensuring that this is aligned to the overarching business strategy, governance processes and risk appetite.
- Develop people priorities that enable sustainable performance and growth of Cash Management Operations.
- Identify, prioritize and build organizational capabilities, processes and behaviors to drive the Cash Management Operations strategy.
- Continuously review the relevant operating models to align these with the overall business strategy, using all available data to sasses effectiveness, demonstrating proactively in surfacing and securing resolution to points of misalignment
- Proactively form credible relationships to influence relevant decision-making
- Support, engage with and coach relevant people manager in configuring and deploying people policies, processes and products processes to drive business performance and engagement
- Act as a change agent and key enabler to help drive specific change initiatives with people manager and wider teams
- Drive and coordinating ad hoc projects and deliverables that relate to the people agenda
- Drive wide performance and measurement requirements to support business deliverables
- Support People Forums in line with business needs
- Collaborate with relevant HRBP on all people related matters across GBS to drive consistency of functional strategies, processes and messages at regional/country level.
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes (e.g. salary/bonus review, talent management processes, recruitment processes) as they relate to HR function by collaborate with the HRBP.
- Ensure effective management of operational risks within the role remit and compliance with applicable internal policies , and external laws and regulation
- Lead by example, building the appropriate culture and values, using effective leadership, coaching and engagement
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Develop and embed a high performance culture with specific focus on capability, effectiveness and productivity within the businesses
- Develop talent to ensure a succession pipeline at all levels and sponsor ongoing development activities that focus on the identified high performing and high potential individuals within the businesses
- Focus on inter-region and global talent opportunities and pipelines
Our Ideal Candidate
- Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group's Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture.
- Significant experience of being an People Capability and Engagement
- Knowledge of financial services (advantage for Cash Management Operations)
- Strong understanding of business function including key products, key roles, operating model and strategic agenda
- Proven experience of designing and delivering an people agenda in line with Business and People priorities
- Knowledge of change management and driving organisational effectiveness
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of various products and how to implement them across the country and globally.
- Understanding and practical experience of managing complexity employee relations/change management activities e.g. restructuring, managing redundancies
- Resourceful - flexible and possess outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Possess high level of integrity and the ability to handle confidential information. Tactful in dealing information across other functions.
- Bank training - Good understanding of business drivers and complex regulatory framework SCB needs to comply with. Single domain subject matter expertise is essential and multi-domain is a plus.
- Languages - Good command over written & spoken English
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written & spoken).
- Ability to work independently, proactively and with flexibility.
- High integrity and can safeguard confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Experience working in an international, multi-cultural organisation.
- Good domain expertise in multiple banking operations verticals with expertise in Global Markets product suite
- Confident and self-motivated leader with ability to drive action and influence people.
- Organized and well-structured with eye for details.
- Good analytical skills and able to provide solutions.
- Excellent communication, both oral and written, and presentation skills.
- Strategic thinker capable of engaging with senior stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable engaging at many levels.
- Experience leading diverse teams in BAU operations and projects.
- Demonstrate integrity and live values of the Bank.
- Leading others to new levels of effectiveness - always set the benchmark and lead by example.
- Develop a culture of openness and build high-performance teams eager to excel.
- Ability to make quick decisions with limited information.
- Prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.