Head of Internal Audit
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
The Head of Audit Services Malaysia is accountable for planning, directing and leading a team to complete audit projects of assigned areas/countries (including key risk audits, project risk reviews, investigations and other special projects). The candidate is also responsible for the delivery of high quality, professional, cost-effective, value-added and risk-based audit services within Asia. While remaining totally independent, the Audit Services function provides added value by working with management at all levels to improve the management of various forms of risk. The function provides assurance services to senior management and the board of directors which assist them in overseeing the management of risk in Manulife. Responsibilities:
- Plan and lead a team to execute various types of audits of assigned areas/countries (including Regional and Group-wide audits) in accordance with the audit methodology, departmental standards and regulatory requirements.
- Assess adequacy of risk management and internal controls in business. Present findings to and reach agreement with the business unit management; make practical and value-added recommendations to improve control environment and efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Prepare audit reports; audit reports are to be clear, concise and well-organized, and issued within departmental service standards.
- Prepare and present audit updates, audit reports, annual audit plan and department budget to the Audit Committee.
- Utilize technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency of audit process.
- Ensure quality of work completed.
- Manage projects within time budgets and target dates, reporting any timing problems or budget over-runs to audit management.
- Provide coaching to team members and manage their performance and expectations.
- Own relationship management responsibility of assigned area/country. Assist business unit management by providing consulting advices.
- Follow up with business unit management regularly on the status/implementation of remediation actions for timely audit issue closure.
- Actively participates in departmental initiatives.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Good knowledge of life insurance and asset management business, audit methodologies, control frameworks and risk management techniques.
- Actuarial experience in valuation, or product development in pricing (good to have).
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Able to deal with confrontations and resolve conflicts.
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrate people management capabilities.
- Proven relationship skills including ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels to Assistant Vice President.
- Results oriented; able to strike balance on multiple priorities and projects.
- Sound business judgment in assessing significance of issues and developing value added recommendations.
- Ability to part as part of a senior leadership team.
- Commitment to quality.
- Recognized accounting (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA) or auditing (CIA, CISA) professional designation.
- Strong team-player who willingly and openly shares ideas and knowledge. Able to collaborate with different team members in a multi-cultural environment.
- Provide clear and timely constructive feedback. At the same time, actively seeks feedback from others and incorporates any necessary changes.
- Challenges the status quo and proactively makes suggestions for continuous improvement.
- 12+ years relevant experience
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.