IT Operations Specialist
Company & department description
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,800 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardized financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest. SWIFT is headquartered in Belgium and has over 24 offices worldwide. In 2014 SWIFT processed more than 5.6 billion FIN messages.
The Daily Operations Team, is looking for a motivated and dynamic candidate that has an operational background combined with a customer first mindset, and who is eager to bring daily monitoring, problem follow up, reporting and solving, to the best-in-class level. The position is located in Kuala Lumpur.
If you have a critical mindset, are meticulous in executing SOPs, consider that failure is never an option and have the drive to continuously improve ways of working, looking at automation, optimization and want to do this in a 'follow the sun' team, then we are definitely interested in your application. Responsibilities Your key responsibilities as a talented and motivated team player are:-
- Perform and control day-to-day systems administration/management activities that may include configuration changes, testing of software platforms and/or contribution to maintenance and upgrade projects.
- Resolve complex problem management issues by investigating and devising solutions for systems/operations. May include installations, set-ups, error message, on line transactions, system/application status, testing solutions, operational procedures in accordance with service level agreements.
- Interact with IT infrastructure, network services, software systems engineering and /or applications development in order to restore availability of services and/or identify root cause of complex problems. Follow-up and escalate these problem according to system criticality (as per Swift Incident Management Manual).
- Ensure user satisfaction by providing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolving complex problems.
- Participate in system/network projects/enhancements by representing department and providing technical advice/solutions ensuring adherence to documented processes and procedures and risk mitigation efforts.
- May propose and lead the development of automation tools.
- May ensure environment testing and installation/upgrades and work with less senior team members to resolve problems.
- Define and implement recommendations complex issues in the area of either systems, or databases, or applications or a combination thereof.
- Review complex problem situations and identify preventive measures / improvements to processes, procedures or tools and implement these as required.
- Document adequately procedures to execute all the tasks.
- Document adequately incidents / problems in ticketing system and follow-up until closure (with resolution or workaround).
- Review logical access rights of movers/leavers and update or revoke them according to procedures.
- In line with established procedures, help organising, co-ordinating and controlling the recurring output of less senior team members.
- Demonstrate in execution of the tasks a clear quality driven approach and CI mindset.
- Bachelor degree in IT/Engineering or equivalent
Professional knowledge and expertise
- 3 - 4 years of experience in a similar position (IT Operations, IT Infrastructure) in the same area
- Primarily operates on MS Windows and UNIX OSs on HP Hardware and Cisco network equipment. Operational experience with SAP, SWIFT.com services, IRB (Billing engine), DBs, Symantec Netbackup softwares and network technologies are assets.
- Quality and Security driven
- Detail oriented in the execution of procedures
- Strong communication skills to operate in a multi-cultural and multi-regional team
- Customer focused; strong focus on delivering value to our internal customers; you are able to identify needs of the customer and to translate them into pragmatic solutions
- Good Team player, who shares problems and solutions, pro-actively offers to help others
- Good business relationship skills, ability to build professional partnerships with end users and with other team members
- Takes accountability for delivering results, Self-driven wanting to make thing happen
- Strong focus on operational excellence and on continuous improvement
- Interested in developing self by learning brand new technologies and/or deepening his/her understanding of them.
Willing to work in 24/7shift hours