MY - Senior Consultant - Operations Transformation (Financial Services Industry)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do
Our Financial Services (banking & capital markets, insurance, and investment management) practice brings together multidisciplinary capabilities and teams of client service professionals with diverse experience and knowledge to provide customized solutions for our clients. Our practitioners are further aligned to specific capability groups, offering our Financial Services clients a host of services ranging from data driven analysis to key market insights as we help them manage day-to-day operations as well as long term business complexities.
You'll work alongside our clients to help them make decisions and implement solutions based on "Heart of the Business" strategy development to drive business value. You'll also assist in determining the requirements of clients' projects and programs by defining, analyzing, and managing requirements to help fulfill their needs. You will have the opportunity to exercise strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the chance to solve complex problems and communicate your findings. Finally, you will work independently and collaboratively in a team.
You'll support our clients in their transformation journey by:
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work.
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
• Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports.
• Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products.
• Assessing restructuring operating models, organizational structures, and business processes to streamline core operations' service delivery.
• Assist in proposal development, as requested.
• Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients. Requirements:
• Tertiary qualification in a business, or finance discipline.
• Currently enrolled in a MBA program or have obtained the qualification with a well ranked institution.
• 3+ years of professional experience in a transformation or consulting role in Financial Services industry for front/middle/back-office processes, market infrastructure, regulations, instruments and products.
• Experience leading business model design and implementation, with exposure to one or more of the following segments:
o Retail banking
o Life and property insurance
o Health insurance
o Private banking and wealth management
o Corporate banking and capital markets
o Transaction banking
o Asset management
o Risk, liquidity and capital management
o Stock markets and financial market infrastructure
o Finance & Treasury Operations
• Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources .
• Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
• Ability to build consensus and foster change in ambiguous settings.
• Commitment to personal and professional growth.
• Sense of responsibility to self, team, and client.
• Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
• Drive, tenacity, client focused and results oriented.
• An appreciation of the consulting lifestyle and ability to travel (both locally and abroad) is a pre-requisite to fit to our short-term and long-term project assignment.
• Willingness to work outside of office base and most of all...
• Ability to be mindfully present and appreciate the humour of each moment.
Positions may be based in Hiring Country
but project locations could be anywhere in the Asia-Pacific Region. Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: DCSE-170662-2019