Manager Payment Services, Balance Of Payment (BOP)
Manager, Payment Services - Balance of Payment (BOP) Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Within HSBC Technology and Services, Global Operations (HOST) is a business-aligned, customer-servicing organisation with the primary objective of driving operational excellence across our businesses worldwide. Achieving this through the consolidation, simplification and continuous improvement of processes across the full range of HSBC operations, the division simultaneously takes responsibility for managing operational, location and processing risk and ensuring that services provided are at a best-in-class price point for the required quality level.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our payments team in the role of Manager, Payment Services - Balance of Payment (BOP) Principal Accountabilities
- Management of the day to day operations, critical cut-off times for related activities within Payment Services department, in particular BOP;
- Ensure completion of all BNM reporting forms i.e. P, R, BP, BR, OP and OR of HBMB and HBMS of PSV BOP queue in InReport within SLA;
- Ensure completion of al l BNM reporting forms i.e. P, R, BP, BR, OP and OR of HBMB and HBMS in BNM ESSDSS within SLA;
- Manage and ensure all BNM Queries (i.e. system auto and CIS) in BNM ESSDSS and also email queries from BNM are attended to and responded within the specific timeline;
- Track, and provide accurate responses to BNM queries sent in via mail and system within stipulated response time indicated.
- Monitor, drive and track incomplete forms in InReport and ESSDSS data enrichment and BNM queries, and ensure team members follow-up with branches and relevant departments for further Information via email. Ensure team members follow through to contact branches, relevant departments, BNM and other Banks when the relevant information is required from the external parties.
- To ensure timely escalation on cases which requires sending reminders to Lines of Businesses, other/partial Banks for overdue outstanding items and complex cases.
- Quality check and corrective measures to be undertaken arising from QA results.
- Ensure adherence of BOP process document and Escalation procedure.
- Ensure all Audit recommendations are complied.
- Produce MIs and Reporting on a weekly, monthly and ad-hoc basis pertaining to CASH BOP
- Analyse and identify gaps / issues in processes and provide solutions for better tracking and performance.
- Participate in streamlining projects and initiate continuous improvements across all key areas of payment operations, people, processes and system.
- Contributes towards the department's adherence with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Nil breaches in regulatory reporting and adherence to ESSDSS guidelines.
Qualifications Skills / Attributes
- Ensures the payment services procedures for the department/section comply with BIM/FIM/MYH/BNM audit and co mpliance requirements;
- Contribute to the performance & development of staff by providing on-the-job training and identifying staff development requirements;
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy and maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring;
- Strong knowledge of Payment Services ; Inward and Outward Payment Knowledge;
- Payments Investigation and Nostro Reconciliation Knowledge
- Strong team player with an energetic, enthusiastic and flexible working style;
- A team leader who is able to lead, motivate and drive team on achieving targets;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work independently;
- Strong interest in improving operational efficiency, current processes and enhancing
- Is customer-oriented and maintains a proactive approach in problem solving;
- Applied knowledge of HUB, HFE, GWIS, RBWM & CMB guidelines will be an added advantage,
- Ability to understand and interpret numeric data
- Details knowledge of Global Standards Requirement and other regulatory requirements like FEA and ITIS.(BNM reporting)
This is a regulatory reporting role in which the resource is required to manage day to day operations of the CASH BOP team and ensure that issues are escalated / resolved in a timely manner. The role interfaces with internal lines of businesses and function.