Manager, Shariah Secretariat and Advisory
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Governance - Approvals from Shariah Committee
- Relationship with Shariah Committee members
- Assist business in providing day to day advice on products and services.
- Responsible for review of all product documents which includes customers facing documents and make recommendation to the Head Shariah or SC - to ensure compliance with Shariah.
People and Talent
- Responsible to arrange SC meeting and secretariat to SC meeting.
- Responsible for all pre-meeting arrangements.
- Responsible for preparing minutes of meeting and maintain database of all approvals provided by SC.
- Responsible to educate officer in the Shariah Secretariat and Advisory unit to understand on all meeting arrangement.
- To master Shariah resolutions and decision made by SC and regulators.
- Responsible to lead the team in all communication with the SC members.
- Responsible to highlight any potential Shariah issue to the SC and Head Shariah when conducting day to day advisory.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Understand the requirement of the Shariah Governance Framework with the respect to the Secretariat function as well as the roles and responsibilities of the Shariah Committee members.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Shariah Secretariat unit, SCSB to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications; University Degree
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations; Nil
- Professional Memberships; Nil
- Bank training; Advanced in both retail and corporate products and services.
- Languages; English, Malay and knowledge in Arabic.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.