Operational Risk Officer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Purpose
- The role will be responsible for executing and updating the controls (KCI / CST) for the Client List
- Derivation process to minimize and reduce any potential failure arising from operational risk events and conduct root cause analysis on any issues identified and communicate to the relevant stakeholders.
- Assist to design and update the Key Control Indicator (KCI) / Control Sample Testing (CST) to ensure potential failure points are adequately risk mitigated
- Assist in coordinating, driving, and directing effective operational risk management for the automated Client List Derivation process.
- Perform root cause analysis on issues identified and ensure issues identified are communicated to the respective process owner.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of the Key Control Indicator (KCI) / Control Sample Testing (CST) process, sampling and testing the population of controls to ensure compliance with agreed control standards as well as facilitating the monitoring/collection of any Key Risk Indicators (KRIs).
- Enhance and update the automated KCIs to ensure they are effective and in line with the framework requirements
- Maintain proper record keeping on all KCI / CST related activities.
- Responsible for the timely identification, assessment, mitigation, reporting and escalation of all identified Operational Risk exposures.
- Support the team in minimizing operational risks related failures and ensure any material issues identified are investigated to prevent recurrence.
- Assist in the identification of new potential failure points and the implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate those risks.
- Coordinate and lead the identification and communication of exceptions identified and track resolution of the risk issue.
- Identify and report inherent weaknesses in the control standards and ensure effectiveness of the controls implemented.
- Assist with internal/external audits/reviews and liaise with various stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate information is provided. Contribute towards achieving no fail results on all audits and reviews undertaken by Group Internal Audit, Country Audit, regulators and external auditors (and any others from time to time).
- Assist with managing any changes in the process in response to regulatory / internal and business / infrastructure changes.
- Support the management of company-wide operational risk data management systems.
- Prepare risk related metrics including trend analysis, dashboards, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of banking/financial services experience
- Preferably a university graduate
- Experience with PAXATA or other similar automation tool
- Strong understanding of the Bank's approach to the management of operational risk, or equivalent experience gained in other organizations
- Excellent analytical skills / problem solver
- Good background of CDD both policy and procedures
- Team player with excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Practical, pragmatic and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and operate independently
- Advance excel skills, able to automate reports using VBA / excel functions
- Good English writing skill
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.