Performance Improvement - IT Advisory: IFRS17 Business Analyst, Senior Associate (Financial Services)
We are the only professional services organization who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services The opportunity
EY's Performance Improvement Advisory professionals bring a wealth of experience in working with major financial institutions to align their operating model and infrastructure to their business' strategic objectives. We assemble the right multi-disciplinary teams, use consistent and proven global methodologies and tools, and draw on the full breadth of EY's global network, to deliver value and trusted advice to the clients. The key service offerings cover finance function transformation, customer and distribution effectiveness, operations, shared services / outsourcing support, performance management, program advisory, enterprise intelligence, risk management and regulatory change. Your key responsibilities:
- Facilitate workshops to define and consolidate business requirements for the IFRS17 implementation on IFRS17 Accounting topics, calculation methodology, business process flow and reporting requirements. This will require coordination with stakeholders from different workstreams (Accounting, Actuarial and IT).
- Facilitate workshops to support development of Functional Specification Document (FSD) with the system vendor which includes follow up with business users on detailed requirements with regards to business requirements.
- Understand, communicate and assess major risks and issues that may potentially occur during the IFRS 17 implementation
- Provide contribution and feedback on the policies, procedures and processes for financial planning and reporting that is required for IFRS17
- Perform stakeholder management so that the necessary information is made aware for stakeholder decision
- Manage and coordinate end-to-end system and User Acceptance Testing preparation and execution would be an added advantage
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
Ideally, you'll also have
- Bachelor or Master Degree with a minimum of 5 years' working experience, preferably with 2 years in a business consulting role in a leading consultancy firm.
- With a strong accounting background. Certified Accountants will be highly regarded [For Accounting BA] or understanding of Actuarial processes and output [For Actuarial BA]
- Understanding of IFRS17 requirements, economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients
- Strong business acumen within the financial sector, with experience in the following discipline:
- Have hands-on experience in both design and implementation with the ability to articulate best practices and drive workshops.
- Extensive experience working as a business analyst within the insurance and reinsurance industry with knowledge in finance processes and actuarial understanding who has good understanding on business processes and organization structures.
- Strong communications skills and evident working with people and teams from different ethnic backgrounds
- Leverage technology to continually learn, improve service delivery and maintain our leading edge best practices
- Strong presentation skills and proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to direct high-performing teams across the organization through strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Proven capabilities in delivering business transformation projects and programs, Finance Transformation projects and / or Financial Operating Model would be an advantage.
What we look for
- Professional qualification such as CBAP
- Familiar with SDLC process and system implementation experience
- Have working exposure in insurance industry at least for a year
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- T he freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now