Project Operations Support
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work proactively to monitor and correct multiple project issues by reviewing reports from Clarity and engaging in regular meetings with project managers
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings and analysis and make recommendations
- Communicate and present project management standards to the project management community
- Track and improve financial status by analysing results and monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions
- Assisting in the management and execution of due diligence processes
- Assess risks and make recommendations for risk mitigation
- Act as a role model demonstrating the Bank's core values at all times
This role is to provide project support and financials services across Group Technology. They are responsible to deliver the services timely, compliant and zero errors under minimal supervision. In addition to supporting project managers, he/she is required to manage and execute TRS Communication plan through SharePoint, Bridge and emails.
While scale, scope and complexity of projects may vary, most are required to be delivered under tight deadlines, across multiple geographic locations, with demanding stakeholders and under strict financial scrutiny.
In order to achieve success, applicants will need to leverage skills and experiences in the following fields:
- Must exhibit excellent organizational skills and ability to track, consolidate, and analyze large amounts of financial data and information
- Must exhibit high attention to detail, accuracy and analytical skills
- Proficient in using SharePoint, Bridge and MS Office Suite, namely Excel and PowerPoint (advanced level). Experience with Confluence and Tableau will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Ability to multi task and adaptable to changing priorities
- At least 3 years demonstrable experience working in a similar role within a structured PMO/Communication focusing on project communication or similar in a Technology, business office or IT organization is required.
- A person who can own tasks, initiate tasks from start to finish, a people person who listens to issues and uses teams to resolve those issues and whose focus is reaching completion in every task they do.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communication or Business Admin
- Completion of, or in pursuit of, professional designation in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Experience with project costing methodologies for project pursuits and proposals
- Project Management Methodology (PMP, Prince2 Foundation, CAPM) e.g. structure, governance, controls, scheduling, resource management, issue & risk management, reporting, stakeholder management, assumption and dependency management and financial control
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.