SEA Business Development Manager (SEA Risk Advisory)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do
The team undertakes a range of activities focused on client acquisition and growing client relationships, which includes: Research and analysis
- Distil complex information into key themes, ideas and actions, recognizing nuances and incorporating client/industry insights
- Client and market research analysis to seek new opportunities for growing/expanding work with existing clients
- Identify and manage internal research and analysis needs to support client proposals
- Review client research to extract key findings and derive insights based on data, provide analysis and summarize insights into actionable recommendations/decisions
- Support the leadership to manage all aspects of the proposal process including:
- opportunity identification and assessment
- formulation of business proposal strategies
- developing key messages and compelling value propositions
- preparing proposal and documentation
- undertaking proposal debriefs
- Implementation of global and regional client initiatives, and other client-related projects as assigned
Your role as a leader
- Lead project team on one or more projects, providing oversight and exhibiting complex project planning skills
- Outline the project plan, in collaboration with the project team, identifying required tasks, interdependencies, resource constraints, red flags, timelines and work back schedules
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Establish positive relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- A recognized University degree in marketing, business, commerce, economics or a related discipline
- 3-7 years of relevant work experience within a Professional Services organization, ideally with in-depth knowledge of the accounting services sector and insights into the challenges and opportunities in SEA
- Well-versed in writing presentations and performing in pitch/proposal situations
- Articulate and compelling storytelling to enlist others in their strategy recommendations
- Demonstrated discernment and strong prioritization skills, preferably in a matrixed environment
- Proven project management skills
- Refined relationship management skills and ability to engage effectively with stakeholders
- Keen orientation to teamwork, collaboration and working with cross-border teams
- Passion for client service, especially in a creative marketing/communications environment
- Good knowledge of research tools for analysis and understanding of database technology
- Proficient in Microsoft office tools (esp. Power Point)