Scrum Master (Agile Practitioner)
Company & department description
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 11 000 customers in 200+ countries and territories. Our employees are the foundation of this success.
SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2800 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that are waiting for you here at SWIFT.
SWIFT is looking for inspiring Agile coaches in BE to join the Agile Transformation team and drive the implementation of the agile values and principles in the company.
We are looking for open-minded people, ready to embrace the needed change of mind-sets in our company and eager to help transform SWIFT. Responsibilities Who are we looking for ?
A passionate and inspired Agile Coach who is an ambassador of the new agile way of working and the new culture. He or she is passionate about communication, group dynamics, coaching and craftsmanship and is not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments from your teams. He or she drives the adaption of Agile practices in the tribe and helps new teams to participate in ceremonies and solve hindrances from a methodological or interpersonal point of view. He or she acts as center of expertize for Agile. Your tasks and responsibilities will be:
Introducing the Agile approach
- Train teams in the agile framework and the new way of working
- Work on continuous development and improvement of methods (together with other Agile Coaches) and incorporate them into day-to-day work of the Squads
- Define mechanisms to share information among stakeholders
Building highly effective squads
- Help squads reach their goals by inspiring team members to deliver their maximum potential
- Follow up on internal processes of the team and one-on-one conversations with different members to deliver coaching and feedback
- Facilitate learning and development through individual and team coaching, deliver trainings, facilitate workshops and offsites
- Set up and conduct the Agile Ceremonies (Scrum): daily huddle, sprint planning, retrospectives, ...
- Keep an objective perspective on issues and troubleshoots by applying agile principles
- Support teams in determining the resource allocation
Contribute to the personal development of the team
- Deliver constant feedback to team members
- Provide input to the performance evaluations of the team members
- Promote self-organization and team spirit
- Identify issues and celebrate successes
- Provide agile coaching to Tribe Lead, Product Owners and Squad members
Member of the Agile Centre of Expertise Coaches team
- Be an active contributor to the Agile Coaches and Agile Transformation team.
- Help develop an Agile Community of practice
- Build and share experience, best practices, learnings within an agile coaches community.
- Peer-2-peer coaching between agile coaches colleagues.
From 2 to 10 years of experience in Agile Coaching / Scrum Master / Product Owner position:
- Strong coaching, mentoring, teaching and facilitation skills.
- Good understanding of the Scrum framework, Kanban and DevOps practices.
- Scrum and Kanban certifications is an asset.
- SAFe certifications is an asset.
- ICAgile certification is an asset.
- Background in IT development, testing, business analysist, project manager, Marketing or Sales position.
Be an ambassador of the "new" Agile@SWIFT culture. With the following strong emphasis for this role:
- You are an inspiration and you show energy & passion
- You think big (but you also appreciate small improvements)
- You achieve the best result by empowering and giving teams responsibility, but at the same time you know how to "excite", challenge and keep the team on their toes
- You stimulate people to really achieve
- You are a role model in giving feedback
- You act as facilitator in conflict resolution, meeting facilitation, group dynamics, and personality styles to help your squads
- You act as Counselor using your active listening skills to create a space where problems can be discussed with honesty and safety.
Experience and knowledge / Affinity:
- Insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones
- Passionate about communication, group dynamics and coaching and you are not afraid to raise issues and drive change
- Ability to understand the distinction between coaching and mentoring and know when to apply each most successfully
- Ability to define development plan for a team and to educate others
- Ability to work in diverse environments across squads
- A good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle