Line of Service
Internal Firm Services Industry/Sector
Not Applicable Specialism
IFS - Information Technology (IT) Management Level
Senior Associate Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Computer Operations team provides customer, Information Technology data centre, and application support to ensure end to end quality of our Information Technology operations. As part of our team, you'll help enhance our operations quality, work across all Information Technology operational functions, and coordinate with service stakeholders to deliver high quality services. We are looking for a self-starter who wants to make an impact! We're currently seeking a Desktop Engineer to support PwC MYiT day-to-day functions. The Desktop Engineer should be able to help automate manual process through Powershell scripting and SCCM software packaging, this includes maintaining SCCM packages, collections, reports, and inventory of software packages. The position will also handle local desktop support issues such as deploying PCs and troubleshooting second level IT issues. The Desktop Engineer must have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, and Windows Operating Systems is a must. Core Responsibilities:
- Work as a part of Desktop Team to install, configure and maintain over 3000+ desktops & laptops environment using SCCM, or AirWatch for Macs.
- Create, update, deploy and troubleshoot images for laptops and desktops.
- Design patching processes and perform OS patch deployments.
- Perform application packaging, deployment, updates, and lifecycle management.
- Generate SW and HW inventory reports using SQL .
- Assist Helpdesk with research, resolutions and support as needed for advanced cases.
- Evaluate current systems and processes and recommend improvements.
- Research and recommend new methods for enhancing performance, reliability, optimization, tuning and overall user experience.
Additional application instruction
- Experience with Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) is required.
- Strong understanding of Active Directory infrastructure and Group Policy Objects.
- Experience with managing Macintosh via JAMF, AirWatch is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft desktop operating systems, in Window 7 and 10
- Experience with software packaging in SCCM.
- Prior experience using PowerShell or other languages to automate processes strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of patch management and desktop security best practices.
- At least 2 years of Desktop support experience.
- Strong multi-tasking, customer service, and communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to end-users.
- Good working knowledge of multiple hardware/software platforms and applications.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team with minimal supervision.
Please attach the following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Academic Certificate and Transcripts from SPM onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Government Clearance Required? Job Posting End Date