Senior Delivery Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Ensure timely project delivery for all Equities related project delivery
- Manages the delivery of multi-country and multi-product projects in Equities related projects - accountable for all project delivery and timelines within given area
- Assign project resource and manages system Demand and Supply
- Supports the Platform Head in ensuring business objectives are met through managing the performance and deliverables of the project teams by actively managing requirements, design, implementation and roll out to production
- All project reports, milestone and financial tracking
- Attend technology and business working committees meeting
- Ensure timely Risks and issues escalation and management
- Ensure all project Rollout Approvals are obtained
- Plan and manages Release Calendar
- Vendor management (Negotiation and Escalation) via global sourcing (SOW, Resources)
- Projects schedule review and alignment across the programmes of work
- Assure the delivery follow and adhere to the agreed solution with the Equities Platform Head
- Accountable for the environment issues on SIT/UAT/OAT/PT and escalation point from business and tech PMs
- Responsible for AED preparation (technology teams engagement, cost quotations, plan preparation and schedule, T&I template)
- Project Monitor & Control, Schedule, Cost and Quality
Ensure that securities related technology budgets and ongoing financials are kept within 5% of what was agreed with business
- Ensure technology financials agreed on project authorization requests (AED) and maintained within 5% of initial budgets
- Manage the Equities technology change team
Aid the Wealth Equities Platform Head in Stakeholder Management
- Role will have direct contact with Product Heads of Wealth and other business/segment heads in the area of Equities technology
Motivating and supporting the Wealth Equities teams
Our Ideal Candidate Education Standard (Level/Degree etc.):
Experience/Background (i.e. what is essential/preferred and number of year's experience):
- Degree in finance, banking, engineering or related fields
- Proven people management skills - minimum of 5-10 people
- Proven experience in process analysis and successfully implementing improvement initiatives essential
- Proven experience in Banking, Finance or Global Markets products and processes - good understanding of Equities.
- 6 + years project management experience, preferably in implementing international, cross-border solutions
- 6 + years experience in securities execution and processing systems, preferably working within a wealth management (Consumer Bank) technology unit.
Computer Software/Languages/Other Requirements:
- Must have strong sense of responsibility/ownership
- High learning aptitude, able to learn new products and technology very quickly
- Must be an effective communicator with good standard of English literacy, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills, and excellent communications and presentation skills. French would also be useful, but not essential
- A team player who enjoys working with people on all levels as well as being able to work independently and under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Equities related technologies
- Strong technical experience in a development environment (API, FiX Protocol and XML)
- Working knowledge of Unix, Linux and Oracle DB
- Working knowledge of WebSphere, TomCat Application Server
- Shell script and Java will be a plus
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.