Senior Global Operations Officer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Purpose:
To perform specific duties as instructed by the team management and to assist the team management in overseeing the daily processing/ delivery of trade services by the team to customers.
Skill & Experience:
- Verify transactions processed by Associates and release those that fall within own delegated release authority.
- Checking of and/or approving documents presented against Letters Of Credit.
- Assist the team management in overseeing the daily operations of the team and contribute towards meeting the team's objectives.
- Ensure that the set productivity targets (efficiency, accuracy, etc.) and processing turnaround standards are achieved (within own area of responsibility).
- Ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/ Group.
- Contribute to the development of associates by guiding, coaching, motivating, supporting and assisting selected number of associates.
- Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems in the and other initiatives by the Company/Group.
- Ensure due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters relating to Money Laundering and KYC, acquiring relevant knowledge and training; thus, providing support to superiors and subordinates.
- Key Control Standards Assessment within department with nil over dues.
- Follow up on corrective/ preventive actions to a point where concerns arising from these findings are addressed to a satisfactory level.
- Ensure full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group.
- Comply with Group/ Local Sanctions Policy and Procedures
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious transactions including transactions having Red-Flag alerts to AML approvers.
- To promote the culture and practice of compliance within the letter and spirit of regulatory requirements and ethical standards in the conduct of business.
- To have good judgment and an inquisitive approach to practices and procedures on AML. To have personal authority and integrity, independence and resilience while handling such transactions.
- Wherever complexity exists in the transaction, conduct review to ascertain whether the transaction has any
- Money Laundering aspects and escalate to AML advisors.
- Experience in Trade Finance Department.
- Knowledge of core banking, products and operations with a good knowledge of Trade Finance Products.
- Well developed communication & analytical skills, ability to handle high priority issues on product delivery
- and strong interpersonal skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.