Senior Manager - Project Management Office
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The role holder will support the controls for a global project or programme.
Partnering with PMOs, Project Managers, project controllers, relevant function heads, senior managers, functional partners and stakeholders, the role holder will ensure that robust methods are in place to ensure end to end coordination and successful implementation of the projects within the assigned programme.
The post holders may also be asked to support analysis activities towards project or programme MI.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy:
- Understand the strategy underpinning the Service Management Framework and drive the controls to support delivery of this for the allocated project or programme.
- Support effectively managing communication and collaboration with project / programme stakeholders to ensure strong project controls are maintained.
People and Talent:
- Support to resolve issues or escalate as appropriate to the project assurance function.
- Research best practices and develop proactive approach to identify opportunities for further improvements and maturation of the PMO models.
- Support the broader training and development agenda across the team for understanding of PMO disciplines.
- Support the effective implementation of risk management framework and highlight any issues in a timely manner.
- Coach Project Managers in the effective Risk Management as appropriate.
- Active management of the risk profile across the assigned project / programmes working with PMO Lead and Project Managers with further escalation as required.
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Understand the risk and control environment involved in area of responsibility and support rectification as required.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct as it relates to the role remit to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Specific knowledge and skills:
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Appreciation of PMO disciplines (planning, reporting, risk management, QA, document management, financials, resource management, stage controls, stakeholder management and governance).
- Experience of project environment and vendor management.
- Strong cross-cultural competence.
- Strong Microsoft Office application skills for data analysis.
- Excellent planning / organizational skills and techniques.
- Excellent independent decision-making skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Recognised project management accreditation preferred but not essential.
- Approximately 5 years relevant experience.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.