About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- This role acts as the primary point of contact / lead and responsible for the scoping, planning and execution of all data analysis activities undertaken by the Client Lifecycle data remediation function.
- Includes assisting Investigation and remediation projects in planning and scoping remediation activities utilizing the remediation blueprint.
- Make recommendations about the methods and ways in which Bank obtains and analyses data to improve quality and the efficiency of data systems.
- Responsible for end to end data analysis for all defined scoped systems, take ownership of all issues analysis results and for the reporting of progress to the head of Data as well as relevant governance committees and forums
Our Ideal Candidate
- Collecting and interpreting data, Generating Data quality exception report / analysis/cleanup reports as per delivery schedules
- Analysing results & Provide exception report to investigation and remediation team / country business teams
- Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business by Undertaking detailed investigation/in SCI and TP systems / Data dumps for the exceptions identified in SCI & TP systems to support cleanups and Root cause analysis
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets and Provide Investigation and remediation support to Country business teams/Product teams on reporting and cleanup processes
- Working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs and Working with Operation and Technical teams on implementation of Strategic or Tactical solutions for the exceptions identified in SCI & TP systems
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes and Ensure timely delivery of tasks/activities relating to data quality reporting and investigations and building the core data dictionary
- Act as SME for the entire team and provide solutions for execution and Comply with the laid down process steps, bank's data quality and reporting standards, Operating Instructions and other manuals
- Provide inputs through Data Working Group for inclusion, exclusion or correction of DQMs for in-scope CDEs and Actively participate and contribute in all ongoing knowledge management initiatives to develop functional content for data dictionary
- Provide inputs for inclusion of any CDEs based on observations through data analysis conducted and Should be able to adapt to the changes and quickly align with the new processes, operating models and other technological changes
- Seek opportunities for Continuous Improvement to processes and tasks across the Data Management Function and Work towards continuous improvement to identify and implement opportunities to decrease process turn-around time and improve productivity
- Work with different stakeholders to continuously improve process controls and efficiency of delivery of services
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance policies and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning within stated timeframes.
- Proactive identification of risks and concerns, including escalation to all relevant stakeholders
- Open for travel as and when required between GBS hubs.
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- Ability to analyse large datasets
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of the Data flow between eCDD+ , SCI & Downstream applications
- Good understanding of the Entity data
- Good working skills in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to engage with all levels of senior management
- Posses excellent communication, collaboration, presenting and influencing skills
- Work effectively as a self-starter with self motivation, review activities of the team and prioritise workloads. Ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience in handling time critical projects which involve high level of manual work.
- Prior experience in banking / financial institution preferred
All members must be very comfortable with MS Excel (critical to data analysis work). In addition, some combination of the following skills will also be helpful (though not mandatory)
- Prior experience of data analysis and profiling work
- Knowledge and experience of SQL
- Experience of working with any of the major transaction processing systems (e.g., Imex, Murex, ACBS) or data warehouses (Teradata) used in SCB
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.