Team Leader - Retail Banking Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
General Key Responsibilities:
- To process / manage the operations and functions of SME and Retail Banking activities / product; , ensuring consistent delivery of high quality services to customers and meeting objectives set by the Group using available resources allocated while maintaining operational risk to an accepted level.
Key Responsibilities For Business Unit:
- Ensure consistent delivery of high quality services to customers through meeting or exceeding customer expectation guided by the Service Level Agreement, efficiency/accuracy standards and good business processes / judgment.
- Assist the Manager in managing the cost budget allocated to the team by ensuring optimum utilization of available resources, implementation of creative cost-reduction solutions and minimizing wastage.
- Manage the operational risk of the team to avoid operational / reputation losses and ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group.
- Ensure due care and diligence is exercised by individual and team members on day to day operational matters relating to Money Laundering and KYC, acquiring relevant knowledge and training; thus, providing support to superiors and subordinates.
- Ensure that all staff in the team continues to be equipped and developed with the necessary knowledge, skills and tools to achieve the required level of competency to facilitate them to perform their roles and responsibilities effectively, efficiently and accurately.
- Assist in building a performance-driven organization by constantly reviewing the team's and individual performance against set objectives and providing the appropriate support, motivation and guidance to staff to achieve these objectives.
- Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems in the team to measure the qualitative performance of the team/individuals, facilitate improvement initiatives and help cultivate a "Service Excellence" culture among the team members.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with appropriate persons in the Spoke countries, Group offices and within the Company itself to facilitate an open and direct communication of issues, needs, queries, etc. such that these may be responded to in an efficient, prompt and professional manner.
- To assist the Managers in the Unit's operations.
- Guide SGOOs / GOOs in day to day operation.
Retail Client Origination
- To perform data processing of Credit Card, Personal and Mortgage Loans applications.
- To perform checking of documents submitted in support of Credit Card, Personal and Mortgage Loans applications.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.