As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Perform full SDLC activities including but not limited to analyze, design, propose, develop, code, test, document, configure, deploy, maintain and support end to end solution for customer/user requirement and defect
- Pro-actively provide recommendations for continuous improvement including but not limited to code quality, automation, and user friendliness.
- Analyze and understand the actual customer/user requirement, identify the balance among requirement and program direction, then transform it to actual solution.
- Identify smarter solution to reuse existing technology including but not limited to open source for better solution.
- Ensure developed solution is align with program and company direction.
- Ensure developed solution is stable, effective, scalable, testable, sustainable, and backward compatible.
- Ensure developed solution is complied to company compliance policy.
- Collaborate with all team and stakeholder from different culture background to get thing "done".
- Understand and align with Agile/Scrum/DevOps methodology.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Java programming
- Holds Bachelor Degree from relevant study major
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Preferred Education:
Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: