Developer- FSTS PSS - iSDM Projects
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The role is to be part of HaaS technical support team in KL which provides the day to day platform level support for EDM Hadoop, HaaS platforms etc for FSTS. Team supports the user base spread across multiple locations like SG, Malaysia, HK, China, India etc. This role will have to work very closely with the Big Data Engineering team located out of SG and a big chunk of development team in SG and Malaysia.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manage the Hadoop distribution on Linux instances, including configuration, capacity planning, expansion, performance tuning and monitoring
- Work with data engineering team to support development and deployment of Spark and Hadoop jobs
- Work with end users to troubleshoot and resolve incidents with data accessibility
- Contribute to the architecture design of the cluster to support growing demands and requirements
- Contribute to planning and implementation of software and hardware upgrades
- Recommend and implement standards and best practices related to cluster administration
- Research and recommend automated approaches to Hadoop cluster administration
- Address queries from data consumers on platform availability
- Analyse trends and feed into the continuous improvement project wherever there are opportunities
- Provide end-to-end support and implement resolution to resolve incident tickets.
- Communicate / escalate and co-ordinate for platform issues pro-actively with vendors and users
- At least 6 - 10 years of experience in production support & development environment
- 5+ years' experience with administering Linux production environment
- 3+ years' experience managing full stack Hadoop distribution (preferably Hortonworks), including monitoring
- 3+ years' experience with implementing and managing Hadoop related security in Linux environments (Kerberos, SSL. etc…)
- Strong knowledge of YARN configuration in a multi-tenancy environment. Candidate should have experience with YARN capacity scheduler.
- Strong working knowledge of disaster recovery related to Hadoop platforms
- Working knowledge of automation tools
- 3+ years administration experience with Kafka, HBase, Spark, Hive and Ambari, Nifi
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Preferably HDP Certified Administrator (HDPCA)
- Demonstrated relevant work experience as part of large Data Management / Data Warehousing environment preferably in Banking domain.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.