Development Lead Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Candidate should have strong functional and technical knowledge to deliver what is required and he/she should be well acquainted with Banking terminologies. The candidate has to take the lead for end to end project delivery. He should be able to mentor and lead the team. The Role Responsibilities
Project Test Delivery
Process and Compliance
- Identify and analyze issues in requirements, design specifications, application architecture as well as product documentation.
- Develop unit and system test specifications based on various requirement documents within schedule constraints.
- Set up development bed and environments (based on project requirements).
- Develop regression packs to ensure that requirements from previous scope are still functioning as before.
- Perform functional and technical execution activities (automated development, where applicable) as per project engagement.
- Perform non-functional execution activities (performance testing, where applicable) as per project engagement.
- Constant communication and follow up with various stakeholders.
- Participate in project meetings to provide feedback and statistics of the project in relation to the development tasks.
- Conduct reviews and inspections of project deliverables (for small size projects).
- Able to contribute to multiple projects, whilst still ensuring process compliance and deliverables are adhere to.
- Able to work independently as well as a team in providing out-of-the box solution if required.
- To collaborate/troubleshoot with the development and delivery team for technical issues that requires result analysis and feedback.
- Understanding the existing Hadoop/HDFS of EDM
- Analysis of Control M Jobs , Shell Scripts , UNIX configurations for root cause analysis
- Create Technical Specification Documents.
- Test the framework and engage in rolling out in production.
Customer & Service Focus
- Comply with the software quality management practices and policies (defined by QMF).
- Assist Development lead in documenting relevant development deliverables
Our Ideal Candidate
- Responsive to customer and project needs, as well as managing customer expectations.
- Establish a close working rapport with project team to understand issues and risks underlying the project.
- Good development, analytical and technical expertise in HDFS,HIVE,SQL/HQL and other Hadoop ecosystems.
- Production support knowledge/experience. Problem solving skills to manage the incident.
- Minimum 4-5 years of development experience with 7-9 years of working experience. Possess a hunger for knowledge, self initiative as well as willing to learn.
- Good understanding of and experience in AGILE projects
- Familiar with SDLC and banking domain is an added advantage.
- Familiar with Enterprise Data Warehouse and Reference Data Management is a plus
- Familiar with Teradata database
- Familiar in SQL scripting, VB scripting and Python
- Familiar with Unix / Linux and batch scripting is a plus
- To develop and execute the Automation Framework especially complimenting Data Warehouse domain
- Familiar with ETL process, Hadoop and MSTR Reporting
- Familiar with Performance Testing (e.g. volume testing) and Disaster Recovery Testing is a plus
- Familiar with JIRA and Confluence.
- Hadoop Certified
- Banking domain knowledge is a plus
- Development and Support experience in the Data warehouse is welcome
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.