Summary IHS Markit's Center for Forecasting and Modelling
is seeking a Principal Economist with extensive experience in econometric modelling and knowledge of cutting-edge techniques in macroeconometrics and forecasting. The selected individual will contribute to the maintenance and development of state-of-the art global economic models, preparing and running scenarios and providing assistance to users of the model. The Center's role is to put the best of current economic thinking to work in helping our customers make critical business decisions.
General Job Duties
- Work as part of a team of fellow professionals to regularly update a global macreoeconomic model and associated industry module
- Design and run alternative scenarios with the model, for corporate and financial sector customers.
- Contribute to the development of additional modules as required, linking the model to other forecasting tools used at IHS or to other models used in-house by our customers.
- Provide training and modelling support to users, both internal and external.
- Write special reports and prepare presentations commenting the results of scenario analyses.
- Collaborate with other Senior Members of the Center for Forecasting and Modelling Center to enhance operational efficiency of the forecast process.
- Master's degree in Economics, with at least two of the following areas: Macroeconomics, International Economics, and/or Econometrics as applied to macroeconomic problems. A PhD would be a plus.
- Extensive experience in applied econometrics and modelling.
- Extremely comfortable with quantitative analysis and advanced forecasting tools, and proven competence in handling international economic data.
- Good understanding of models used in the financial sector.
- Ability to program in EViews and knowledge of other programs such as R.
- Excellent oral communication and an interest in communicating cutting-edge economic ideas to a non-professional audience.
- Excellent writing skills (in English).
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.