Relationship Manager, Priority Clients
- Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 18 Mar 19
Relationship Manager, Priority Clients
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
In/outbound ETB advice & sales
· To proactively acquire portfolio AUM of Priority Clients besides Personal clients.
· Engaging & deepening Affluent & hidden Affluent in advisory conversations with analytics support and collaboration with Wealth Specialists.
· Meeting clients when required (at least once a month).
· Prepare and educate clients to interacting via online, Client Centre
NTB referrals from clients
· Actively acquire and activate new Affluent/potential Affluent clients referred from ETB clients directly to Relationship Manager, Priority Banking.
· Provide advice to Personal Clients approaching Bank with complex investment needs.
Engaging and deepening activities
§ In consultation with the BM/STM, draw up monthly plans for achieving new business and customer acquisition goals committed.
§ To foster and deepen client relationship by providing regular market information updates and trend analysis on international equities, unit trust, bonds and other investment instruments and follow up calls / visits to assist them in their investment decisions.
§ To conduct regular checks on market trends and competitors' programme offering and activities. This is to assist / initiate efforts to increase product differentiation and enhance attractiveness of programme.
§ To plan, target and cross-sell integrated business financial services to Priority clients who are self-employed professionals and businessmen.
§ Proactively engaging with the "Hidden Affluent" by having complete knowledge of the clients in terms of the :
- profile & assets create analytics-backed next best conversation sound knowledge in Needs/Anchor products such as : Wealth & Mortagage, CASA, CC & etc.
- meeting the client in person to discuss on advisory needs (once a month/quarter) connect client with specialists set up products holding conduct/connect for periodic CDD conduct fulfilment & activate
- Proactively reaching out to client for advice discussions Delivering on transactions, service requests, mobile/online training Updating CDD Managing Client's credit situation
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (con't)
§ Refer most servicing activities to Client Servicing Managers (as and when request by clients)
§ To recommend improvements in operational processes, procedures and products based on customer feedback to ensure constant enhancement of service levels and efficiency.
§ To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager.
Acquiring on referrals
§ Act on referral leads assigned within timeline
§ To solicit referrals from other sources.
§ To conduct a professional, consultative financial analysis and profiling session with Priority clients by:
- Meeting, listening and determining further needs Setting up anchor products & initiate cross-sell Conduct/connect CDD Educate and conduct initial set-up for online, ATMs, Client Centre and Branch
KEY MEASURABLES :
· To achieve agreed revenue and new sales targets.
· Agreed service standards to customers.
· 100% Operation control under operation risks guidelines and sales compliance.
· To cascade and live the values.
· To undertake special projects / assignments.
· Non compliance and control weaknesses inherent in the selected samples are detected and duly reported
· No unsatisfactory compliance reviews and audits on the conduct of CST and record keeping
· No overdue Control Sample Testing (CST).
· Maintaining robust controls and monitoring actions
TALENT, RESOURCES & SKILLS:
· Enhanced multi-product Priority knowledge
· Market and competition knowledge
· Possess all relevant investment & insurance certifications and licensing
· Presentation and soft skills tailored to engaging Affluent Clients
· Internal stakeholder engagement skills
· Closing deals
· Ability to drive and manage client interaction
· Good communication & presentation skills
· Negotiation and objection handling
· Client training on digital solutions
· Discipline and good time management to handle a client portfolio
· Ability to solve problems and close issues without handing over
· Strong analytical ability
· Understanding of Priority CDD principles
· Interpersonal and complaint handling skills
· Bank's product knowledge
· Understanding of policies and procedures
· ABM rules / Bank Negara FEA regulations
· Branch Operations Manual (WEBOM) /MIC/ group circulars/bank policy and tariff of charges
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.