Senior HR BI & Data analysts
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Requirement Analysis and Documenting user stories in Confluence & JIRA. Prototype development review and implementation of development tasks in an Agile Environment.
- Provide support during Testing & implementation
- Should have Strong data warehousing background with expertise on the various data warehouse modelling approaches (preferably on Teradata )
- Good analytical and creative problem solving skills for the design and development of efficient SQL query building & query tuning (preferably on HR domain)
- Strong SDLC delivery experience for complex Enterprise BI-DWH, BI solutions
- Engaging and follow-up with various source system teams on the data requirement understanding discussions
- Engaging business stakeholders to resolve sourcing data understanding gaps, if any
- Should have strong domain knowledge of corporate data standards, reference data standards, business glossary terms, etc.
- Gathering data sourcing estimations from various source systems and collate them with assumptions & other dependencies
- Documenting the sourcing requirement (functional & technical specifications) by working with source system teams
- Should have efficient risk/issues management skills & able to highlight to relevant stakeholders at the right time
- Should have technical knowledge about data files, layout, etc. & to assist team in interacting with source team to obtain files for data profiling/analysis & testing
- Should have good communication, negotiation & presentation skills. Should be a team player, have "can do" attitude & can think of "out-of-box" approach if situation arises
- 6+ yrs of experience working in HR analytics
- Very good understanding of teradata, Hadoop and big data technology.
- Expertise in developing complex dashboards , Visual Analytics
- Exposure to reporting in Tableau & MSTR.
- Strong proficiency with SQL and ability to write efficient SQL query building & query tuning
- Designing & developing data analytics platform for Data Processing, Data Warehousing & Reporting
- Design logical data model that defines entities, attributes, key groups, and relationships.
- Design conceptual data model that aligns functional requirements.
- Ability to analyse large datasets and create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Very good exposure to Data warehouse concepts and very good understanding of ETL methodology.
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept.
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
- HR domain knowledge is desirable.
- Working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.