Software Engineering Manager
What we do:
We design, develop, and host data-rich, full-featured, high-traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients. Markit Digital Development teams use their passion for programming and problem-solving to produce feature-rich applications that deliver value for our customers. With a dedication to continual improvement, our team members challenge themselves each day to expand their knowledge base and produce solutions that are maintainable, extensible, and elegant. We take great pride in our work, share our expertise and ideas to achieve common goals, and aspire to learn more. Our products benefit millions of users across the world and are designed from the ground up to deliver content efficiently and effectively. We have adopted an Agile Development Methodology, and are committed to continually improving within this model. What you'll do:
As a results-oriented Technical Manager, you are responsible for coaching one or more scrum teams in order to successfully deliver a variety of projects for our end customers.
How you'll do it:
- Serve as line manager, mentor, and coach for all Technology members of the scrum Development team
- Drive continual improvements in the delivery process, overall product quality, and innovation
- Oversee team staffing, ensuring that the correct skill sets and personalities are represented in order to maximize team effectiveness and delivery of the team's roadmap of required functionality
- Demonstrate team value to the business through both the definition and measurement of quarterly objectives.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and technical team members to ensure projects are well planned and team is positioned for success
- Help the team to organize appropriately in order to provide necessary support to delivered functionality
- Guide technology team members in career growth and skill development
Skills and Experience:
- Attract and Develop Technical Talent
- Align Teams to Business Outcomes in collaboration with internal and client stakeholders
- Measure team Health, Maturity, Performance with continuous improvement mindset
- Provide active coaching to advance individual towards their career goals
- Facilitate Professional Development
- Drive project/product success by leading the team to delivering client satisfaction
- Occasional travel may be required
- Relevant professional experience or a Bachelors degree in IT
- Technical knowledge and experience in product development
- Demonstrated success managing an Agile Development Team
- Effective written and oral communication skills and organizational management skills.
- Ability to build strong bonds with employees to foster open, honest and candid communication
- Passion and curiosity to thrive in innovative, collaborative, fast paced environment
- Experience guiding team with problem solving, removing barriers and addressing technical challenges in support of project execution
- Ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization's management team that provides leadership and direction.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Experience in the Financial, Software, and/or Digital sectors strongly preferred
- Proficient in both Spanish and English
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.