Financial Risk Model Development
ING is looking for experts who have a passion in developing quantitative methods for risk modelling
Financial Risk Model Development comprises of a team of >100 modelling experts, who are determined to develop the best possible financial risk models to empower the customers of ING to stay ahead financially, in life and business. Our expertise lies in the development and management of Market Risk, Credit and Trading Risk and Financial Markets models, with state-of-the-art modelling methods, tooling and data processing technologies.
The Quantitative Methods Team is an energetic international team of highly qualified professionals. The team plays a key role in developing and maintaining the quantitative methods, tools, tests, templates and trainings to be used in developing models to quantify risk in credit and market Risk. In addition to this, the team also coordinates improvements in modelling data, such as setting the data requirements and managing together with COO and IT colleagues that the right solutions are built in the right data platforms. Finally, the team develops and maintains a number of bank-wide capital models. Although not limited to that field, the short term focus of the team is primarily on credit models, given the huge (regulatory) agenda. All products and geographical regions in the ING Bank portfolio are in scope of the team.
Get an impression on our agile way of working here: https://youtu.be/NcB0ZKWAPA0 What does a expert in quantitative methods do?
We are looking for a colleague who wants to further develop a successful career in Risk Modelling within ING. You will focus on developing and maintaining methods, tests, tools, trainings and templates to best quantify risk and improve the performance of the models. You will work together with experienced modellers, model validators, audit experts, business experts, regulatory experts and other experts in applying and further improving the methods, tests and tools in practice. Together with your colleagues, you will play a crucial role enabling the development and maintenance of models for measuring and managing risks, as well as guiding and advising model development colleagues. You will take responsibility for developing methodology based on best practices, academic research, and extensive analysis of the model-related regulatory frameworks, with applications in credit risk and market risk. Your backpack should contain
Additionally, you should
- An academic degree (MSc or PhD) in econometrics, statistics, mathematics or similar quantitative field of study
- Knowledge of relevant regulations
- Experience in developing quantitative methods, tools and tests
- Experience with development of Basel and IFRS 9 models
- Extensive experience in using data modelling software / or coding (such as C++, Java, Python, R, SAS)
- Experience in being a sparring partner/advisor to senior management
- have analytical, problem-solving skills
- deliver new approaches by a research-oriented attitude
- be keen on delivering pragmatic and feasible solutions
- have a creative and pro-active mind-set
- effectively communicate with stakeholders (with non-technical background)
- have great team player skills
- be fluent in English, verbally as well as in writing
Furthermore, you should adhere to the ING values should be prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm What we offer
Are you interested?
- A very competitive salary
- A relocation package
- Benefits such as a 13th month's salary, Public Transfer Business Card, pension scheme
- The opportunity to excel in what you do
- A dynamic and agile international working environment
- Great international career opportunities
Apply for this job now! For more information please contact Erik Paul van Klaveren at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
For more information on vacancies, please check www.ING.nl/carriere