Principal Software Engineer / Associate Director
This is a very hands-on development lead role, and the candididate will be responsible for managing a team of 4 developers. Given that the team is relatively small, the candidate is expected to spend a significant amount of time coding.
The team handles the platform part of the data lake, which is responsible for the more technical components of the project. This include data ingestion and transformation (data factories), an event bus, authentication (via an API gateway) as well as entitlements.
- Manage the team sprint and deliverables
- Work alongside with business analysts and define and groom user stories.
- Coordinate work with the other data lake team leads.
- Develop and maintain the core platform components of the data lake: data ingestion, data factories, authentication and entitlements, in Java and Python.
- Work alongside QA analysts to ensure business features are thoroughly tested
- Enhance the current solution by finding problems and suggesting enhancements
Required Knowledge / Technologies
- Good solid knowledge of either Python or Java. Assuming a candidate is not strong with both, a willingness to learn either Python or Java is essential.
- For candidates with prior Python knowledge, experience with Flask and SQLAlchemy.
- For candidates with prior Java knowledge, experience with a Java web framework, e.g. Play or spring boot.
- Throughout understanding of REST and good API design.
- SQL and relational databases
- Some previous team lead experience a plus but not absolutely required.
- AWS (specifically S3 and IAM)
- Elastic Search
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Big data formats like Parquet and Arrow.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.