HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of HSBC, is headquartered in London. HSBC serves customers worldwide from offices in 66 countries and territories in our geographical regions: Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and North Africa.
With assets of $2,659bn at 31 March 2019, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations.
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through four global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Global Private Banking.
The Amsterdam branch of HSBC France was established in 1999 as a global liquidity and cash management office and expanded in 2011 to offer a full range of services to its corporate clients.
To support our growth in Amsterdam, we are currently looking to recruit a:
Senior HR Generalist
Role and responsibilities:
This Senior HR Advisor role is to support the effective execution of people agenda for designated business to enable business performance. Provides a variety of services within HR areas through directing and advising Line Management on best practices. The emphasis is on the implementation and delivery of Group HR strategy across local business. Based on, in particular, creation of concepts, programmes and schedules associated with HR policy&governance, through internal and external recruitment, job profiling/evaluation, talent management, performance management, reward&recognition management - in consultation with business lines managers/Head of HR. This role is located within the HR Line, reporting to designated Head of HR.
Tasks and responsibilities of the job holder include the following:
• Managing any employee related projects both within and external to the HR function.
• Delivery of HR processes which may include: organisational development, reward, performance management, recruitment and onboarding, succession planning and training and development
• Employment Contracts and other contractual documents preparation and Possessing a good understanding of local employment law and knowledge of access to expert advice when required
• Providing support to Head of HR as well as the business and other intra-Group stakeholders where appropriate.
• Managing HR risk and controls related to people and HR processes
• Managing workforce administration and payroll in cooperation with external HR vendors (including Employees Benefits Administration)
• Liaising with external providers wellbeing, benchmarking, regulatory bodies, networking
• Managing external HR vendors relationships
• Understand the business & objectives and identify how HR can drive/support the achievement of these in partnership with the business
• Contribute to the development and support implementation of HR strategy
• Work with the business to develop and maintain a positive employee relations environment
• Facilitate effective and consistent performance management and calibration and pay review discussions within the business, supporting specific interventions and promoting compliant job evaluation
• Use HR metrics to identify local trends, risks and needs within the business before they escalate and recommend solutions
• Support identification of talent pool candidates, promoting career development, coaching and development planning within the business
• Advocate HR Strategy and tactics to fulfill people agenda across the Bank
• Provides key support cross the bank in relation to recruitment and on-boarding process and ensures adherence to the required processes takes place. Liaise with both local and regional stakeholders to ensure understanding of key requirements and frameworks.
• Coordinates and ensures that centralized (HR becoming a coordinator) learning and development activities cross the bank are in accordance to the given GF/GF/HOST frameworks, requirements and tools (excluding responsibilities of the given businesses/functions with regards to mandatory education being provided within the area and in alignment to the legal requirements)
• Coordinates training/development activities cross the bank including gathering training needs analysis, it’s costing and deployment in cooperation with both internal and external stakeholders/vendors
• Contributes to company culture outlook and inter-relations for building sustainable working environment
• Coordinates processes related to HR Admin/Payroll (wherever required) in cooperation with off-shored units as well as external vendors (if exists)
• Coordinates HR related process of invoice management and risk management (coming both from the Group and Vendors)
• Supports Head of HR in the area of risk management and controls including reporting and representation at given risk concerned committees
Skills and experience required:
• At least 5-10 years of HR professional work experience within an interdisciplinary area of HR expertise
• Solid experience in HR functions such as performance management and reward, organizational development and employee relations issues, resourcing, HR Admin and Payroll services (incl. Employees Benefits Administration)
• Track record of pro-active networking in order to ensure stakeholders are integrated and engaged up front any changes to occur
• Experience of managing interdisciplinary multiple activities at the time
• Consultative and client centric approach supported by strong problem solving skills
• Relationship management skills with a strong track record of establishing credibility and delivering results
• Fluent understanding of the legal and regulatory environment, particularly the Labor Code of the country and regulatory reporting requirements
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, ability to work in a dynamic working environment
• A high degree of professionalism and tact in handling sensitive situations like grievance or restructure
• Ability to apply critical analysis and judgment when creating or reviewing activities and execution plans
• High level of personal integrity and commitment and ethical behavior at all times
• Graduate degree, preferably in human resources, organizational psychology, or business related discipline
• Fluent English and Dutch
If you want to work in our challenging and multicultural environment and be part of a global team, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
HSBC in Luxembourg strives for true diversity in its workforce and as such we are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.
For any GDPR request, please send it to mailto:email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org.