Senior Quantitative Credit Risk Analyst (Retail portfolios) - Amsterdam
At a glance
We need skilled Senior Quantitative Credit Risk Analyst (Retail portfolios)
who have a solid quantitative background and a passion for working with advanced techniques to unlock the valuable information contained within our production and historical data. What do you see when you envision the next step? Work on achieving your goals and develop yourself professionally and personally. Tell us your story. We want to hear it! Your job
As a senior quantitative risk analyst, you will play a key role in ensuring that the bank makes informed, data driven decisions.
You will work with the business to understand the data they generate in their day-to-day activities. The aim is to unlock the intelligence contained within this data using the best quantitative methods and techniques. You will coach team members while developing new credit risk models, and will evaluate and improve the performance of existing credit risk models. Here, you can apply your leadership and quantitative skills and experience on various datasets and business challenges, and make a positive impact for the bank and its customers. You will be responsible for delivering important project goals, working together with junior and experienced risk analysts. Your working environment
ABN AMRO is a leading Dutch bank, with an international presence across Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Americas. Our bank believes in credit risk models for better banking and financial stability. We are a group of ambitious, talented, international, and smart people that develop these mathematical models. We work in a stimulating environment where individuals have the opportunity to keep learning and to make a positive impact for the bank and our clients. Your profile
Do you have leadership skills and the ability to motivate team members in order to successfully complete projects?
Are you thoroughly knowledgeable in credit risk or other financial risk modelling areas?
Do you have a strong quantitative education in an area such as mathematics, econometrics, actuarial studies, or physics?
Are you experienced in programming languages suited for doing statistical and data analysis, such as Python, SAS, R, and/or MATLAB?
Do you have at least 6 years of work experience in quantitative analysis, preferably within risk modelling in banking and finance?
And! Do you want to further develop your skills in quantitative risk modelling? Can you apply your skills to derive meaningful, robust, data driven models to guide business decisions? Do you work well within a team? Can you take the lead to ensure the successful delivery of projects while coaching team members?
Then: Please apply! What we offer
We are offering
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
- An informal multi-cultural working environment with great colleagues
- Challenging work on complex and advanced quantitative problems
- Career development and the possibility to gain experience in all areas of risk modelling, in other business areas of the bank, or in one of our international locations