Senior Manager - Risk Governance
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Assist and support the Country Chief Risk Officer (CCRO) in the following: Embed the Enterprise Risk Management framework and Principal Risk Type Frameworks (RTFs) in Country
- Support Country Chief Risk Officer (CCRO) on governance activities and in overseeing the risk management function as required by Philippine regulations.
- Central point of contact for principal risk and non-principal risk types owned by the CCRO.
- Active and constructive engagement with the Front Office teams (CEO's Office and Business Head's included) to optimise Risk-Reward across the business underpinned by continuing emphasis on governance and controls.
Review and management of risk governance structure
- Facilitate roll out / embed ERMF - ensure coordination and feedback loop with the Group teams / ERMF Working Group;
- Coordinate with all Country Risk Framework Owners (RFOs) to monitor any changes to RTF documents, Country Risk Appetite;
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of the Risk Appetite Document in line with the Group Risk Appetite with inputs from all Country RFOs;
- Embed the policy for PRTs and non PRT - Credit, Market, Country, Reputational and Model Risks, where the Risk Framework Owner is the CCRO.
Second line Risk Control Owner for Credit, Reputational, Country and Model risks
- Manage the Country Risk Committee Meeting, including pack preparation and secretary role;
- Coordination and preparation of reports, i.e. CCRO report, Country Dashboard, ASARC paper and Country Risk Map Reports to Region.
- Adhere to Committee Governance Standards and perform Committee Effectiveness Reviews
. Risk control owner responsibilities include the following
- Effective implementation of the Policies and Risk Type Frameworks and affirm the effectiveness to Risk Framework Owners;
- Making decisions within delegated authorities and maintaining necessary expertise to manage such risks;
- Establish effective assurance and reporting mechanisms;
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Design and ensure effectiveness of the risk controls, monitoring of compliance to the Board approved risk tolerances and effectiveness of risk controls; and escalate material exceptions to appropriate management and risk committees.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Lead Risk Initiatives in country and as directed by Group; and
- Other projects as and when requested by CCRO.
- A clear understanding of the Bank's approach to the management of risk, or equivalent experience gained in other organisations;
- Business / function experience
- Strategic planning experience and capability
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules and regulations and risks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Good financial analysis knowledge required
- Ability to leverage resources across the organisation to complete deliverables
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with diverse teams
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications:
- BSc in Business, Finance, Economics or a related field
- At least 5 years of banking/banking-related experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.