Operations Analyst 1 - Correspondent Banking Operations
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website. Department Overview
The Business Services team across locations provides processing and voice support and to enable a follow-the-sun delivery model for Wells Fargo that would help us service our customers faster. Business Services teams perform bank operation processes across divisions of WF Home Lending, Wholesale Ops, Wealth & Investment Management (WIM), PVSI & Community banking. About the Role
An Operations Analyst is responsible for investigation of payment inquiries from Global clients (internal/external) that arise due to incorrect SWIFT/Telex/ FED payment instructions and/or investigation of the validity of the funds being transferred to/from the Correspondent Bank. Responsibilities
- Investigates Payment related inquiries or services to clients (Financial Institutions) which includes sending SWIFT, FEDWIRE and CHIPS messages, Return and Cancellation of payments, Hold funds in the General Ledger and re-effecting payments.
- Corrects and creates different payment message types (SWIFT, FED WIRE, CHIPS, Telex) used by the payment parties
- Team currently supports multiple pools - Unable to Apply, Debit Authorization, Amendment and Cancellation pool
- Successful candidate will be trained initially in Unable to Apply pool
Market Skills and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree holder, preferably Business courses
- Amenable to work on morning/ mid shift schedule including holidays
- Experience in banking, payments/settlements with knowledge in SWIFT, Telex and Intellitracs is an advantage
- Organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Excellent customer focus
- Good investigation, problem solving skills
- Sound Risk management mindset and a good understanding of compliance, AML/OFAC
- Ability to handle high volume and short SLA or turn-around time
- Ability to work in changing and fast paced work environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions. Able to multi-task.
- Good in both verbal and written communication skills.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.