This is a key technical role in the development and maintenance of data pipelines and modelling applications at the intersection of country risk analytical products and technology. Successful candidates will be creative, curious and independent problem solvers who are able to build robust and efficient data systems to address complex business issues within the country risk team while building relationships across technology peers in the wider organization. This is a fully hands-on position. As a Data Engineer, you will: :
As a Data Engineer, you will be expected to have :
- Working closely with a small, innovative team of data scientists and domain experts to design, build and support prototype solutions for machine learning and risk modelling applications
- Working with our DevOps team to design scalable infrastructure solutions to store and process datasets of different structures and sources for data science pipelines
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Keeping up to date with the latest evolutions in engineering best practice and technologies
- Support creation of web apps and desktop connections to bring a range of data creation, management and analytical applications to the wider team
Experience In The Following Is Also Helpful :
- Bachelor's degree and relevant working experience, or a Master's or higher degree, in a relevant field of study (Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills .
- Ability to independently develop in Python (or relevant languages) and program well-designed, testable and efficient code
- Data warehousing; No-SQL and SQL-based database technologies
- Familiarity with version control systems, the product development life cycle and different approaches to project management
- Experienced with cloud native technologies
- Commercial experience in building and supporting large scale web, app and API platforms
- Familiarity with big data frameworks such as Hadoop or Apache Spark
- Familiarity with the AWS application suite
- Familiarity with UI/UX design
- Experience with various machine learning techniques
- Experience with data tools in Python or R
- Job position matched to your experience and expectations
- Access to the latest information technologies
- Participation in conferences and trainings
- English classes
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Fruit days, coffee, tea, chocolate
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.