SPDR Business Strategy Analyst with State Street Global Advisors
Are you passionate about business strategy?
Do you seek opportunities to use data and analytics to make business decisions?
Do you want to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment?
Are you forward thinking, curious and naturally dissatisfied with an outdated status quo? Team Overview
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.78 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, investors worldwide have benefited from our disciplined, precise investment process and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. SSGA is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutions.
The vision of the Strategy & Planning team is to enable senior management to develop, articulate, and deliver on our strategy for SPDR ETFs. Our primary clients are the executive leadership team, who ultimately have decision rights in the "what" and "how" of their teams' approach. Success for us comes from working alongside them in a deep partnership. We work with them to clearly lay out our strategic vision and associated goals, to prioritize actions to achieve those goals and then enable those actions through targeted strategy projects related to implementation.
Our business has over $500B in assets across 150 ETFs and is one of the fastest growing areas within the firm. Role Description
This role is part of the Strategy & Planning Team, a team dedicated to driving the strategy for Global SPDR, the third largest ETF provider in the world.
As a team we see the need for recurring reporting and analysis to assess the overall health of the business and to identify areas of opportunity. The goal is to enable senior management to make data-based decisions.
To that end, for this role we are looking for a motivated individual with the ability to perform analytics from multiple data sets (in Excel), and to build supporting visuals to draw out key findings (in PowerPoint). Responsibilities
The role of a SPDR Business Strategy Analyst is to provide data and analytical support with a specific focus on:
- Recurring Reporting
- Produce monthly and quarterly reporting analyzing results across regions, asset categories, sales channels, and competitors
- Generate results in Excel and visualize them in PowerPoint (sometimes also Tableau)
- General Analysis
- Provide basic analysis (e.g. trending) to answer questions that arise either from recurring reporting or general business questions from senior management
- Ad Hoc Team Support
- Support one-off requests, typically involving analyzing data
- Experience requirement: 2-5 years. Experience in Finance or Management-Consulting industries preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- The candidate should possess good mathematical, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze data from multiple sources
- Ability to visualize data (knowing how to present data visually in charts and graphs to tell a story)
- Desire to develop understanding global ETF landscape and the SPDR ETF business
- Previous experience with ETFs is desirable, but not necessary
- Effective in a team, providing support as required
- Ability to use initiative, demonstrate flexibility and think creatively to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize workload and work to tight deadlines
- High degree of accuracy when working
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Tableau
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very good English
We employ a diverse group of people within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centers. As an organization, we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader, is a fundamental value at State Street. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer