Senior Java Developer
The candidate must have 7+ years of experience in IT or relevant industry. This role is for a Senior Developer/ Lead with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent with strong JAVA development background with object oriented concepts. The candidate will be working on leading Transaction Management work involving Equities, Derivatives and other asset classes in the Bank related to Pricing and Accounting. Candidate Responsibilities:
Requirements for this role
- Designs, develops and maintains software applications.
- Analyzes, designs, estimates, and develops software programs to meet project schedule.
- Develop all levels of specifications that detail the implementation of improved functionality.
- Perform overall system design down to individual class design.
- Program (code, unit test, integration test and debug) and maintain new and/or improved functionality based on system specifications.
- Maintains and supports existing software applications.
- Prepares systems documentation as needed.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid testing skills
- Solid communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Detail oriented.
- Produces accurate and quality work.
- High level of proficiency in the required programming language.
- Excellent knowledge in core JAVA server programming
- Excellent application development experience and working knowledge of SQL Programming (any database)
- HTML 5 Technologies, AJAX , Google Web Tool Kit, React framework is a strong plus
- Messaging experience is a plus (MQ, Kafka, Tibco or JMS)
- Bachelor's Degree level qualification in a computer or IT related subject.
- Financial service experience (investment management, trading, accounting, market data) is a strong plus.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway