Starszy Księgowy ds. Funduszy
Job Description Purpose Of Role:
Under the supervision of the Team Supervisor, the Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for monitoring all accounting related functions on Funds which are the responsibility of the Senior Fund Accountant's assigned Team. The Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for ensuring Funds are reported accurately and on time to the necessary parties. The Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for verifying and reviewing the work performed by the Fund Accountants and for assisting the Team Supervisor in all aspects of his or her responsibilities. As an experienced fund administrator, the Senior Fund Accountant provides a key role in training, and developing the newer members of the team, and is expected to be available to provide an immediate point of reference for queries, and to provide on the job training to less experienced staff.
The Senior Fund Accountant is an integral member of the Team responsible for delivering quality service to assigned clients of the team. He/She must contribute to the team on technical matters, as well as providing leadership and direction to the team members, in both quality of service and communication with internal clients and other supporting departments. The Senior Fund Accountant is required to solve problems and provide assistance and guidance to the Fund Accountants. Achieving quality of service is a team effort and the Senior Fund Accountant needs to function at all times as a team player and ensure that other members of the team do so too. Specific Duties: Technical COMPETENCIES REVIEWING WORK AND ASSISTING TEAM SUPERVISOR
REVIEW OF FUND NET ASSET VALUE
- Reviews Fund components and completes the reviewers' checklist.
- Liaises with other internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Takes leading role with Team Supervisor in liaising with other sites on all aspects of service.
- Assists Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Assists Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls.
- Performs special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Team Supervisor.
REPORTING AND RECONCILIATION - ACCOUNTING RELATED
- Reviews and verifies completed Net Asset Value performed by Fund Accountants (with the NAV accuracy goal being 100%) in accordance with agreed timelines.
- Monitors, proves, and reviews for reasonability the Fund valuation components.
Non-technical competencies COMMUNICATION
- Reviews account balances per trial balance to account balances per subsidiary ledgers, assists and provides direction to staff in resolving discrepancies. Intervenes directly to resolve differences where required.
- Review, sign and date fund accounting checklist when required.
- Assists where required in preparing monthly reports, and reviews reports prepared by team.
- Assists in preparation and review of country-specific reports, management reports and other information requirements.
- Provides timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keeps Team Supervisor, informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Demonstrates good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintains systematic filing practices.
- Adheres to clean desk policy and record keeping.
- Ensure that daily work load is allocated appropriately.
Work Parameters Or Boundaries: Internal State Street Poland procedures & regulations
- Provides direction and training to staff in the course of their day-to-day work, Trains less experienced staff in fund and bank procedures and processes, and provides guidance and an adequate source of help for questions.
- Actively participates in the development of new hires in the team. Supports and guides them in the knowledge of all technical aspects of the work, as well as in their work organization.
- Identify training needs within the team and ensure that those needs are met.
- Take responsibility for own personal development and training.
Regulations of Financial regulatory authorities of the UK
Performance Planning and Review System (PPR) PERSON SPECIFICATION Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- A thorough understanding of fund administration is required
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level
- Proficient reconciliation and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good Excel skills
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
Level Of Education:
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred) Previous Level Of Experience:
• Fund accounting and/or pricing experience and/or dealing gained within Unit Linked, Pension or Retail Funds' environment. (essential)
• Knowledge and understanding of the investment regulations (essential)