Senior Software Engineer - Data Integration
Senior Software Engineer - Data Integration
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team. You will be working within the team that develops and supports a data integration layer centered around IBM Integration Bus and used extensively across the company's IT environment. The integration layer is responsible for transmitting and monitoring the movement of back-office data to a broad collection of subscriber systems throughout the company. You will develop data flows using a Java/IIB/Oracle stack, will design and implement Java-based web services, will design and implement Oracle stored procedures using PL/SQL, and will collaborate in design and configuration meetings to help improve the quality of solutions, and the robustness of the data integration platform. What are the ongoing responsibilities of Senior Software Engineer - Data Integration?
Joining us means:
- Actively participate in the implementation of complex projects/software products, the development of custom applications and in major enhancements to existing systems.
- Plan and coordinate implementation activities.
- Initiate and manage the infrastructure related processes and coordinates with internal departments including but not limited to: infrastructure, hardware, networking and database engineering on defining the application deployment architecture and environment.
- Proactively monitor and assess the overall system health check (performance, capacity, scalability) and provides recommendations to management
- Identify, recommend and implement system enhancements that result in increased quality, efficiencies, maintainability and scalability to applications.
- Participate and lead production support and troubleshooting for assigned applications to meet standard SLAs.
- Demonstrate the appropriate sense of urgency in analyzing, assessing and resolving production issues.
- Lead general system maintenance and upgrades (server refresh, database upgrades, etc.)
- Keep abreast of overall industry trends and enterprise initiatives
- Monitor and evaluate competitive applications, products, new technologies and practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
Qualifications What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Informal atmosphere and possibility to implement your own ideas
- Work in a team which will allow you to spread your wings
- Flexible working hours
- Graduates in the field of Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline; or have equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of IT experience with a minimum of 4 years' experience in specific application domain space.
- Considerable experience in integrating application in a complex global environment.
- In-depth business knowledge with 4 years of experience in the financial industry.
- Knowledge of the following specific technologies:
- Expert knowledge of IBM Integration Bus (v9/10).
- Advanced knowledge of IBM MQ (v7/8)
- Advanced knowledge of Java SE
- Working knowledge of Oracle Weblogic (v11/12)
- Working knowledge of Linux
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Communicate clearly and share knowledge freely with others in a collaborative environment
- Actively encourage participation and are open to team member input
- Actively pursue opportunities for learning and self-development.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
- IIB/MQ/Weblogic certifications
- Knowledge of specific industry standards related to this domain (e.g. ANSI/IEEE 1471-2000)
- Proven ability to lead a team of junior staff, consultant, and outsourcing vendor at geographically different locations
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include
- Possibility to develop your career in a Global environment
- Attractive location
- Benefit package: medical insurance, Life Insurance, Assistance Package, Employee Assistant Program, Multisport Card, Staff investment program
- Stable employment conditions
- Free gym in your office
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Participation in international projects
- Possibility to lead or support Charity Events
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.