See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Regulatory Engineering is responsible for automation, digitization and orchestration of all the firms non - financial regulatory reporting. The team is implementing a number of strategic projects to process and report data to global regulators in a complete, accurate and timely manner. As Regulations cover all aspects of the firm the role will allow you to gain an understanding of financial products as billions of records are processed daily requiring the use of the latest Big Data technologies whilst being supported by the Engineers from within the team and across the firm.
The agile team is enthusiastic about providing innovative and creative solutions to address the wide-ranging requirements. The team is international with 120 experienced Engineers working across Warsaw, London, NY, Singapore, Bangalore and Tokyo working closely with a broad network of colleagues including Platforms Engineering, Operations, Legal and Compliance.
We are currently looking for a software engineer to join our Project Team within the Regulatory Engineering department, as an Associate Engineer you will be play a key role in developing software to meet the needs of regulators.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
As an Associate in Regulatory Engineering you will design and implement reports and controls on the new trade reporting platform supporting all global regulatory initiatives:
- Take ownership of delivery of the implementation of regulatory components and reports
- Design, develop and maintain Java-based applications
- Expectation is that you will be heavily hands on coding daily
- Deal with big data - millions of rows a day.
- Evaluate, engineer, customize and extend solutions.
- Build relationships with users and facilitate requirements gathering and negotiating project scope.
- Know software development tools such as Git, Subversion, Art i factory and Jira.
- Show familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Demonstrate good team collaboration and communication skills, cross-region .
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of financial instruments across multiple asset classes ranging from high volume FX trades to complex Commodities, Credit, Equities and Interest Rate derivatives.
You are enthusiastic about learning new technologies, and not afraid to roll up their sleeves to help reach the team's challenging objectives.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in designing and developing Java-based applications using industry-standard technologies (we use Java 8)
- Good understanding of Spring (we use Spring 4.3)
- Experience of SQL including query optimization.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- You are familiar with debugging and performance tuning along with a good understanding of installing, maintaining and monitoring complex Java applications.
- You are a dedicated self-starter with an ability to own, drive and deliver projects through their lifecycle.
- Strong team collaboration and communication skills, cross-region experience would be advantageous.
These skills and qualifications are nice to have. If you do not possess these skills you will have a chance to develop your expertise in these areas as they are other technologies used with the team.
- Experience or a strong interest in financial products is a plus
- Experience with big data concepts (we use Hadoop and Spark)
- Experience of Scala
- Experience with near real time transactional systems with NoSQL databases (Kafka, Elastic Search)
- Experience in BPMN and user workflow based systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.